SAY NO against COVID-“19” lbs...

Options
I’ve been on MyFitness PAL for awhile, off and on. I’m determined to not gain weight as I stay inside, eat, and drink... the best balance for me is a routine M-F of entering my calories so I know exactly what I’m consuming. The weekends are fair game ;). What is your balance?

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    100% logging; business as usual for me. I'm trying to get down close to 10% body fat, estimating around 13% right now. Down almost 4 lbs in the last 5 weeks.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,179 Member
    Options
    Routine M-F?

The first week was a tough one, I'm not cut out of full-time working from home and I also wasn't at full health for exercising.

But I'm doing well so far in isolation: I've actually managed to increase my step count and exercise compared to before. Especially my step count took some effort, losing my daily walk to and from the trainstation etc. I now do laps around the living room while watching TV, surfing the web (on my phone) and phoning my parents, on top of my treadmill runs.

Food required some adaptation as well, as there is a lot more food available at home than at work, but I've managed to stay within my calorie goal too as I created a daily routine for myself (helped by my increased activity level too, of course).
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

I'm finding stress is helping me shed pounds :(
  • AprylaExp
    AprylaExp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been adding in a long walk/jog every day, and started C25K this week. I've been using the extra time to drink more water and work on my goals.

I'm staying in more, and forgetting to eat because of WFH. It's still a transition.
  • hanza123
    hanza123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m completely out of my routine now, fallen flat on my face. Before COVID I worked everyday and went to the gym 4 times a week. That’s out the window. I’ve put 2 stone on, which I hate and I don’t know what to do about it. I haven’t got bad eating habits and I exercise each day
  • MaryT3359
    MaryT3359 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I barely move all day when I work from home, 10 steps to the bathroom instead of 80 at work, etc. So in addition to a brief exercise video in the morning, I took two walks today, one at lunchtime and one before dinner, to get my total step count up to 5000. That's not a number to brag about, but it was 1200 before my first walk.
  • FunkyTownHornedFrog
    FunkyTownHornedFrog Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Covid-19 is why i added this app today. I've been eating *kitten* and in a funk. The exercise thing sucks bc I'm limited on what cardio i can do bc of a knee injury.
    Support local restaurants they say!! Too hard to choose the healthy meals though. Lol