How often do you weigh in?

Options
I am not sure if I should try weighing every day or just once a week...
How often do you weigh in???

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I don't regularly weigh in every day. I aim for once a week, but sometimes I'll get on in the middle just to make sure I'm on the right track (see if I've gained or stayed the same). I typically only change my weight on here once a week, and I ignore the fluctuations until it's weigh in day.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    once a week. you can check yourself whenever you want, but only count your loss once a week or you'll go crazy. and do it the same time under the same conditions.
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I would suggest weekly. Everyday will just frustrate, you because our weight can fluctuate daily.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday. I like to see if what I have been doing is good or if I need to tweak it.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you, but I weigh in every morning to keep me focused.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning. Easiest way to track progress before things go too far south. I do it before I eat or drink anything and naked to minimize fluctuation.
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    the doc and dietician told me weekly, weighing everyday gives you false readings due to fluctuation in body fluid etc, it could discourage you if you dont see a change or what you want to see. whatever way you choose to go do your measurements too cause sometimes you can lose centremeters or inches and it wont necessarily show on the scale every week. i measure fortnightly. some do it weekly or monthly. personal choice.
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    also minimal clothing and same time each week for weighing, i do it within the first hour im up, before food or drink every monday morning
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but record it about once a week, or if I lose at least 1 pound. You do have to be able to handle the daily ups/downs without getting discouraged.....It helps me to keep on track or make adjustments each day.

I also read some research that shows weighing more helps....for example:

http://www.dietdebunker.com/2008/11/how-often-should-you-weigh-yourself.html

But you have to decide what works for you.:smile: Ultimately that's what matters for each of us.