Want to keep motivated

Options
He everyone, I keep putting it off all the time, but I'm feeling really motivated today, I really want to get healthy and toned, I'm hopping to get some motivation on here to help me along, I have a one year old baby girl and it's hard finding time so I'm starting small, I'm gonna try my best to keep up to date on here with my progress, I'm trying to get back up to 8 stone, I'm starting by just drinking more water everyday, it's small but it's a start, I'm excited to get started to reach my goals.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,175 Member
    Options
    You have the right attitude, gradual small changes are the way to success :+1:
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Yep Lietchi is right.

Also you don't need a big block of time to work out. I have 4 kids at home and finding a 1 to 2 hour window each day is next to impossible. My journey has been about changing my lifestyle and using the time I have.

I keep my cardio to 15 - 30 min max.

My strength training is intermittent throughout the day. A set of pushups watching dinner cook, a set of squats waiting for the sink to fill, etc. I call it intermittent strength training.
  • FunkyTownHornedFrog
    FunkyTownHornedFrog Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Agree with smaller, good chunks of choices scattered in however you do it. I quit drinking soda finally and honestly did it once i discovered the sparkling flavored waters. Now those replace my soda cravings and it's been easier than I thought.

Keep a bunch of good foods around the house. I still struggle with that having elementary age kids that still deserve to have snack foods around.

I've seen a few Youtube videos of mom's working out with their baby in their lap doing body weight exercises. The baby has a blast and thinks they are playing. Make it fun!
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Good luck