Juicing

Options
Moni0031
Moni0031 Posts: 46 Member
Hi my name is Moni I am from Texas. I hope everyone is great! I am starting back on this app for motivation and to keep my self focused on what I put in my body. I have some questions and want to know what do you all this on juicing is it bad ?? I have learned lots the past 11 years doing and know protein is great for us.I would like some advise !!

Thank you in advance and hope to get to my goal soon !

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Juicing for a snack - sure, why not if you enjoy it? Juicing as a source of main nutrition? Nope. For me, it's too nutritionally risky, unfulfilling, and super-expensive.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Personally, I’d feel more satisfied if I eat the whole fruit or vegetable. Usually adding some kind of dip or dressing for added fat and protein.

Just drinking a juice and having to log calories for that? I’d feel like I got cheated out of a real snack. Just my 2 cents.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Fiber is very important for the human body, and filling for some. Blending smoothies would be an improvement over juicing.
  • Moni0031
    Options
    Smoothies ? I think those are more filling ! There is a place around here that has açaí it’s called nekter i think there smoothies are about 475 cal .
  • Moni0031
    Options
    Juicing for a snack - sure, why not if you enjoy it? Juicing as a source of main nutrition? Nope. For me, it's too nutritionally risky, unfulfilling, and super-expensive.
    I found some at eleven called “ creation al natural and yes very expensive .
  • richiechowns
    richiechowns Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've done a juice fast before and still managed to run fairly hard while doing it, I enjoyed it as a short term experiment, to see how my body would react to the calorie reduction.
  • Moni0031
    Options
    That was what I wished to try I noticed after 3 days my bathroom deal was not the same if you know what I mean ... I just want to feel stomach clean and I know we have a huge qut!
    I've done a juice fast before and still managed to run fairly hard while doing it, I enjoyed it as a short term experiment, to see how my body would react to the calorie reduction.

• Moni0031
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Fiber is very important for the human body, and filling for some. Blending smoothies would be an improvement over juicing.
    tried that and it helps so much adding veggies or even fruits I love frozen bananas in mine

• Moni0031
    Options

Some places have the juice shots have you tried them ? I don’t think it’s much!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Moni0031 wrote: »
    Smoothies ? I think those are more filling ! There is a place around here that has açaí it’s called nekter i think there smoothies are about 475 cal .

Acai bowls area amazing. Can't get the berries where I live.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    If you want to try it, try it. If you are making the juice yourself, it is expensive, and you will see how much solid material gets wasted. Plus, you'll be able to *kitten* through the eye of a needle. Any weight loss is temporary because it is through purging your intestines, and water weight. As soon as you start eating solid food again, it will come back. Juice lacks the needed protein, which is could become problematic over time. It also lacks the needed fat, which is needed for proper hormone functioning. If you are looking to add more fruits and veg into your diet, increasing micronutrients, maybe consider adding a smoothie to your day. I have been able to make some great smoothies, adding some protein powder, all for under 300 calories.