Weekend Help

Options
I am so good during the week, about staying within my calorie/sugar/protein requirements, but on the weekend... i feel like it all falls apart.. sometime I feel like I cannot say no, when we go out to eat or meet with friends.. I don't completley loose control- but am almost always over.

Any ideas, tricks to staying focused on the weekend? Also how often do you splurge?

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I treat the weekends like the weekday. I don't have "cheat days" I realize things do come up, but for the most part my food choices are planned. If it doesn't fit in my cals for the day, I don't eat it. Plain and simple. So far its worked well.
  • Mkotss
    Options
    I understand because today my husband and I went to the wineries and that was very hard. I gave in to having a great time! Back on track tomorrow.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. Why do social things seem to always involve food or drinking or both? The only thing I can suggest is to make sure to drink your water, make sure you get some exercise and maybe try to save a few calories during the week. If you come up with anything that works, I'd love to hear!
  • sasysuzy
    Options
    I am a lot like you. I do excellent all week, eating right, exercising and then the weekend comes and it all falls apart. Either I eat way to much or not at all. I figure I tend to balance my week out. I'm not sure how much you are exercising a week, but I can usually burn almost 2000 calories during a 2.5 hour work out with my trainer and we meet twice a week. And I hardly ever eat back ALL my calories when I exercise. So that allows me a little splurge on weekends. I know this is probably not the healthy way to do, but it has been working for me. Just remember that no two people are the same. What works for me, may not work for you. Also, plese keep in mind that if you go out to eat and see something that is really yummy and you want it, order it and when the meal comes, ask for a togo box right away and portion up half of it. That way you won't have to worry about over indulging and you won't be going over to much.

Good Luck and if you want to friend me feel free.

Lori
  • tiffany4183
    Options
    I do good during the week. When it comes to the weekend I go out and eat healthy. Before I go to a restaurant I look my food up on myfitness. I may reward myself with a diet coke. During the week I drink water.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I suck at weekends. I am the queen of justifications and excuses, so I just own it and do the best I can. I am usually over on weekends, even with exercise. Today, I am over by 1000! Most weekend days are more like +300-500 though.

Honestly, I know what I need to do to stay on track, I'm not stupid. Im just not ready for that level of committment yet, I guess. You have to get there on your own, or its not going to work.

Good luck!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I don't "cheat" (I hate that word. . ), but I do "BUDGET."

That is, I will save up calories during the week to give myself some slack on the weekend. Provided my weekly total doesn't exceed my goal, I don't see why I can't "spend" some Wednesday calories on Saturday. And in fact, I just did!