Lose 15kg??

Options
Hi everyone.I am Lana and 23 years-old. I started my diet plan last week. I am 5'5 and 75kg now. Hopefully I can lost 15kg before August. Starting 2-3 times workouts per week and eating below 1200 Calories each day.
Can someone give me some suggestions and guidance please? :s I don't know whether I am on the right way.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The minimum you should be eating is 1200 calories. Enter your info mfp, and let that help determine your daily calories.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hi Lana and welcome.

Honestly I feel your goal is setting yourself up to fail. If you have a HUGE amount to lose, you could lose 15kg in 4 months, but that's for someone who is morbidly obese. At 75kg, you are just over weight. In theory you could lose 8kg safely in that time, but realistically you will probably lose 4-6kg.

The reason is you NEED to eat 1209 calories at a minimum to keep your necessary body functions working. Anything less than that could cause you some very unfortunate side effects, and cause you to lose muscle mass.

Please stick to 1200 calories at a minimum and revise your goal. I'm aiming to lose 10kg in 6 months and even that is considered aggressive.

I absolutely understand your desire to lose weight and lose it fast, but think about your long term goals. Probably to actually keep it off and stay healthy? If so then you need to set a more realistic goal. Aim for 8kg.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Lana_w115 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.I am Lana and 23 years-old. I started my diet plan last week. I am 5'5 and 75kg now. Hopefully I can lost 15kg before August. Starting 2-3 times workouts per week and eating below 1200 Calories each day.
    Can someone give me some suggestions and guidance please? :s I don't know whether I am on the right way.

1. Eat more. Your calorie goal is low. You may not find eating so little fares you well.
    2. Be patient. What’s the rush. Take a bit longer, it’ll make the prices easier.
  • Lana_w115
    Lana_w115 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hi Lana and welcome.

Honestly I feel your goal is setting yourself up to fail. If you have a HUGE amount to lose, you could lose 15kg in 4 months, but that's for someone who is morbidly obese. At 75kg, you are just over weight. In theory you could lose 8kg safely in that time, but realistically you will probably lose 4-6kg.

The reason is you NEED to eat 1209 calories at a minimum to keep your necessary body functions working. Anything less than that could cause you some very unfortunate side effects, and cause you to lose muscle mass.

Please stick to 1200 calories at a minimum and revise your goal. I'm aiming to lose 10kg in 6 months and even that is considered aggressive.

I absolutely understand your desire to lose weight and lose it fast, but think about your long term goals. Probably to actually keep it off and stay healthy? If so then you need to set a more realistic goal. Aim for 8kg.

Understand I will change my diet plan. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
  • Lana_w115
    Lana_w115 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lana_w115 wrote: »

1. Eat more. Your calorie goal is low. You may not find eating so little fares you well.
    2. Be patient. What’s the rush. Take a bit longer, it’ll make the prices easier.

OK I will reconsider my plan. Thanks ❤️❤️