No weightloss in 2 weeks

Options
I began my weightloss journey 15 days ago now. My goal is to lose 1 and a half pounds a week. I'm trying to lose 38 pounds altogether. My daily calorie goal is 1,500, which I've been staying within almost every day and I do aerobic HIIT exercises for 15 minutes every day do with no days off. When I go over my calories, it's only by about 50 or 100 and it's only been about 2 or 3 days that I've gone over.
Is it normal to see no weightloss after all of the above? I measured my waist and there's no difference and I weighed myself and there's no difference. Though my mum said it looks like I've lost weight. Please help.

Replies

• hlr1987
    hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the days when you go over a do make a difference, if your actual deficit is small, but it can be completely normal not to see movement as a woman- if you're menstruating then unless you know your cycle pretty well it can be difficult to know when to expect movement and when not to. Second half of my cycle I expect nothing because anything I lose is being countered by bloating but the first two weeks I'll lose six pounds quickly, so it balenced over the month. Only way to know is give it at least 6 weeks and if you're being really honest with logging food and exercise you'll see movement, or be able to know that you burn less calories in a day than you think. Be positive, two weeks is not very long!
  • Shuntae_xox
    Shuntae_xox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. This has really helped :-)
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    If you have a menstrual cycle, your weight can shift quite a bit during the last two weeks of your cycle and mask weight loss. I would not worry about a two-week stall. Continue what you are doing :)