In 14 months....

Options
I started my weight loss journey on July 5, 2010 at my highest weight of 297. I stayed in denial thinking I could get control by just eating whatever I wanted just smaller portions but not having to exercise. Well my, then boyfriend, now fiancée had job training out of state for 5 weeks. So the day after he left I decided to see how much weight I could lose in the time he was gone. In those 5 weeks I lost 25lbs. I started walking on my treadmill for just 20 mins a day for 4 days a week and just controlling my portions.

Then I noticed I was starting to enjoy exercising and started doing 30 mins then 45 then and hour or more 6 to 7 times a week. Then the weight really started falling off. By June of this year I had lost over 50 lbs. But from January to June I was stuck at 241 and the scale was not moving at all.

I started MFP on June 1st and really started learning about nutrition and the importance of not just watching calories but making the right choices. Since June 1st I have lost and additional 45lbs and dropped tones of inches.

So in 14 months I have lost 101lbs, dropped 9 pants sizes and hit Onederland! I have 32lbs left to go to hit my goal in just over 3 months. This site offers so much more than just calorie counting. It offers hope and encouragement with such great resources and even greater support system! Thanks to all my great MFP friends; you guys are the best!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!