Favorite Wine Right Now?

Options
dmpizza
dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
Right now I have to favorite wines;
Castle Rock Pinot Noir, any vintage.
Seguin-Manuel Bourgogne Pinot Noir 2009

Anyone else have any favorites worth sharing?

Replies

• dmpizza
    Options
    Bump
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    eeek wine, beer Coors light! yum
  • zarozinia
    zarozinia Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything from Castello di Amorosa. I am a giant sucker for their wines! Also, I'm totally spoiled, living where I do in Northern California. I'm a few hours from Napa, Sonoma, Eldorado County, Amador, Anderson Valley, San Luis Obispo and even here in the middle of Silicon Valley, there's J. Lohr, which makes some insanely good wines. But my favorite table wine is Rex Goliath Pinot Noir. Used to be able to find it at TJs but they stopped carrying it... Safeway still carries it, though for slightly more. Can't beat an excellent $5 bottle of red!
  • dmpizza
    Options
    eeek wine, beer Coors light! yum

Silver Bullet, have you seen the fridge keg yet? Stays fresh for 30 days in the fridge.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I love wine, but right now I cannot really afford to be picky!
    lol
  • dmpizza
    Options
    Pretty much anything from Castello di Amorosa. I am a giant sucker for their wines! Also, I'm totally spoiled, living where I do in Northern California. I'm a few hours from Napa, Sonoma, Eldorado County, Amador, Anderson Valley, San Luis Obispo and even here in the middle of Silicon Valley, there's J. Lohr, which makes some insanely good wines. But my favorite table wine is Rex Goliath Pinot Noir. Used to be able to find it at TJs but they stopped carrying it... Safeway still carries it, though for slightly more. Can't beat an excellent $5 bottle of red!

Great suggestions thanks.
    No reason to spend $$$$$ on wine.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I love sweet, local wines. I love Frog Hollow, which is a niagra blush wine from Brookmere Winerey in Belleview, PA.

Shannon
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options

If that's the case... I've never had a bad Bogle wine!
  • zarozinia
    Options
    Oh, crap, now you've got me going... I just remembered this amazing red we had in England last year that I can't find here in the states... Reverdito Barbera d'Alba Butti. Think it was a 2007... So amazingly good!
  • zarozinia
    Options

Well, true... But all of my REAL favorite wines are $30+ per bottle. I guess it's a good diet trick, though... I definitely drink less because I usually can't afford what I like! ;)
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Mostly exploring Argentinian wines lately.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I live in BC and some of the best wines are up here.... Hester Creek has an amazing Pinot Blanc :love: :love:
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Marco Negri Moscato - Love, love, love!
  • zarozinia
    Options

If that's the case... I've never had a bad Bogle wine!

Yep. Bogle is a good staple wine, for sure. Another one I discovered at Trader Joe's last year but has disappeared off the shelves almost everywhere was Rootstock's Cabernet Sauvignon. It was one of those rare reds that was so light, you had to watch out because you could drink the whole bottle before you realized it. TJs pulled the stock, though, after the last couple of bottles we bought went sour. Apparently it was a problem. They've never restocked it, and I've never found it anywhere else, so who knows...? I think it was a SLB region wine, if I recall.
  • zarozinia
    Options
    I live in BC and some of the best wines are up here.... Hester Creek has an amazing Pinot Blanc :love: :love:

The boyfriend and I were in Vancouver last year and we had a horrible time finding good wines from BC! We were both really disappointed because we'd heard so many good things... Can you recommend some to try next time we find ourselves up in your neck of the woods? I'm not about to write off all BC wines because we had a bad couple of bottles... :)
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Educated Guess
    14 Hands
    Anwilka

To name 3 current faves.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options

The boyfriend and I were in Vancouver last year and we had a horrible time finding good wines from BC! We were both really disappointed because we'd heard so many good things... Can you recommend some to try next time we find ourselves up in your neck of the woods? I'm not about to write off all BC wines because we had a bad couple of bottles... :)

Most of the ones I enjoy are Okanagan wines. Hester Creek as I mentioned, Road 13, Young and Wise, Burrowing Owl, Crazy Legs, Forbidden Fruit (organic fruit wines). Some of these are smaller wineries and you may have to look in VQA or beer and wine stores as opposed to the Main BC LIquor stores to find them.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Umathum Rose'
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Moscato.. cheap or not..
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Anything from New Zealand! I also really love Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc and it's only about $9.00.