Suggest a bodyweight workout video for me?

Options
I'm looking for a 45-ish minute bodyweight workout video that covers the whole body with a focus on the core. I have about enough floor space to lay flat on the ground, but spreading out like a starfish involves hitting furniture (or the cat!). I'm in pretty good shape for a middle-aged women; can plank for a couple minutes and wall sit until the cows come home. Of course, pushups bring me to my knees (literally, lol!)

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Do you ride? You may want to check out the Global Cycling Network (GCN) YouTube channel. One of their regulars - Emma - did a video on this last year...

https://youtu.be/K8yepxk_qsY

But if you search "GCN bodyweight workout" on YouTube, you may find other options which better suit your home setup and/or access to equipment.

P.S. If you're unfamiliar with GCN, they're a group of snarky, bike-loving Brits who are quite fun while being educational and evidence-based with the content they put out.

• amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Yes! Totally checking them out. I am actually looking for something to compliment my cycling, so this could be perfect. And I need more british snark in my day!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea : I am definitely going to check that out! Thanks for posting.

Weather is getting good here and cycling season is starting a bit earlier than usual. Traffic is also light due to circumstances. So, I hope to be cycling, mostly. I've always thought that workouts in support of cycling would focus on heavy leg lifts to build muscle, but clearly core and other muscles are also important, so I like the idea of adding in this one.
  • amandaeve
    Options
    Shoot, I looked up GCN but couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'm not looking for instructions, but an actual workout. I want to follow someone for 45 minutes going, "and one! and two! and three!" similar to a yoga video on youtube. I need something to compliment the rest days from biking that will challenge my body in a different way. I don't respond well to a list, I need to follow along.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at popsugar on YouTube?
  • amandaeve
    Options
    Have you looked at popsugar on YouTube?

I just reviewed one. It looks perfect. Gonna try it tomorrow. Thanks!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Does it have to be a video? If not, I would recommend https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/ or the more advanced https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/advanced-body-weight-workout-warning-this-will-kick-your-*kitten*/

They're a little shorter than you're looking for, but you can just do some extra circuits.

ETA: /facepalm

I forgot the forums censor all the oh-so-bad words, so that second link won't work but the beginner bodyweight workout should link to the advanced one, or you can find it here:
    https://www.nerdfitness.com/free-resources/
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I like fitnessblender for my workout videos. Usually they can be done on the size of my carpet (which is maybe 2m x 1m). Sometimes, especially in the warmup, there are some exercises that you have to modify a tiny bit if you don't have much space, but most of the time I don't have any problems.
    Here are a few of around 45 minutes: link
    Most of them also contain cardio elements; if you want to do just core, you could search for their short 10-20min core videos and just do those 2-3 times in a row.
  • sangeethdasari
    sangeethdasari Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
  • tsumawarihon
    tsumawarihon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'll keep these videos for myself.