Late Night Eating

Options
I never really ate late at night until about a week ago. My sister works at a restaurant and of course they get to take food home. So she comes home around 11 at night with sandwiches, cookies and other items.
How do I avoid this? :I

Replies

• whatwentwrong
    Options
    i avoid late night eating by trying to stay upstairs in my room after a certain time, so i'm not around food and don't think about it. if it's possible, maybe you could stay in an area of the house where your sister isn't when she comes home?

not the best advice, sorry, but i'm stumped-if i had a sister who brought home awesome food i'd eat it too :P
  • 06MustangGT
    Options
    Try having a cup of (healthy) cereal to snack on if you get a craving for food. It should help dull the hunger and wont kill your diet completely. That usually helps me.
  • ItsMeLori
    Options
    Follow the Warrior Diet or Intermittent Fasting and you can eat all your food at night. I'm giving it a try and love to be able to eat at night. I never was much of a day eater. I have two protein shakes in the daytime then eat my big meal at night and a snack.

time will tell if it works for me
  • llachoix
    Options
    I make a direct association to how long I will need to run to burn it. Works for me...
  • champ358
    champ358 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In my experience the most dangerous time to overeat is the time between dinner and bed. Counting calories definitely helps. maybe you can log on and insert the caloric intake BEFORE you chow down. Just seeing how you are impacting your goal may help you to cut back. good luck.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with eating late at night as long as you don't go over your calories. It is not like your body shuts down when you go to sleep. It keeps working and burning calories even when you are asleep. It is not meal timing but amount of calories that it important.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    When I "want" a snack and I know I just want food because it's there, I eat something I really don't want, like a handful of cold baby carrots. Then I realize I'm not really hungry after all and convince myself eating something like a cookie when I'm just bored-eating is stupid and won't make me feel any better after eating it.