Taking Vyvanse for BED

GotYR06
GotYR06 Posts: 30 Member
I wanted to touch bases with anyone that may be prescribed Vyvanse. Did it work for you?

Replies

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    It works for a while.. but not forever.
    I gained all my weight back and have restarted using vyvanse but the effects the first time are different this time and it was easier the first time, this time, there is still some struggle
  • GotYR06
    Yes it worked great the first day or two. Is it seems to not be as efficient and I get bad headaches and just feel weird.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    The headaches will pass... how many mg are you taking? 30?
  • GotYR06
    Yes I am on 30 and I go to the doctors today to see how I’m doing on it. Just feel lethargic and doesn’t seem to last long for me. I’m more tired taking it.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Interesting, the first time I took it I had so much energy I was bouncing off the walls, it was nothing for me to go to the gym and burn 1000 calories in 3 hours of straight cardio and then convince myself I had to stop.. lol

That only lasted a little bit tho.. eventually it wore off and I went from 30 to 50 to 70 lol as it seemed my binge eating was so strong it could bust out of my skull and have it's on personality.

I dont know if my expectations were too high of the pill or it just wasnt effective after a year or more or maybe the circumstances I was In didnt offer it the right chance, but I felt like I was losing the battle so I stopped taking them

I'm on 60 now restarting. I have better energy then when I dont take it but not like the first time, it does keep me from binge eating but the effect only lasts so long and I'm awake longer then the pill lasts, so my struggle is afterward right now..

Perhaps the pill is effecting you more in a ADHD way, certain pills for ADHD can cause those symptoms, although there isnt too many choices for binge eating medication help.. besides maybe adderall or however you spell it..

• terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Lol, when I first read this thread topic, I thought you were suggesting you were taking Vyvanse for sleep, and thought “Well, that certainly won’t work” 😂 I now know you meant binge-eating disorder.

I was very fatigued and finding it hard to focus which is why it was suggested to me in the first place. I had a very similar experience to @KrissCanDoThis I was on 30mg and it seemed to work for a while. Crazy energy. I was very hopeful and excited, which I think made me feel like it was working even better than it was. 🤷‍♀️ But yeah, that feeling wore off.
    I was also on a couple of other meds at the same time, and it was getting hard for me to determine what was working for me. So, my doc and I decided that I should slowly ween myself off my meds, to sort of wipe the slate clean, so to speak.

I’ve actually been off all meds for months now, and have made some really positive changes in my life. Got out of a bad relationship, left a stressful job, spoke with a therapist specializing in stress management.. that, in itself, has helped to curb a lot of the binge-eating habits for me. I didn’t realize how much my situation and environment(s) were affecting my mind and body.

I might talk to my doc about trying it again, without the other meds, because my energy is still pretty low, but for now, I’m managing ok, and finally losing weight, so it’s not necessary right now.

Hope you find something that works for you! It’s been years of trial and error for me, which is often discouraging, but it’s worth the effort to feel better!

Take care of yourself! 💕
  • GotYR06
    Thank you both. I am sitting in the doctors office now to go over this med. just feel so tired and it doesn’t let me even six hours and I feel spacey after and more tired. It does help binge eating but I have to fight it and hard. I hope she will up my dosage I am afraid to double it myself.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Sounds like a higher dosage is needed. 30mg wasnt enough to help my binge eating, my brain wouldnt shut up on 30mg

Let me know how it goes.
  • GotYR06
    I need to know how to add you! I am new to this post I stuff lol.
    Sounds like a higher dosage is needed. 30mg wasnt enough to help my binge eating, my brain wouldnt shut up on 30mg

Let me know how it goes.

• Unicorn_Bacon
    I added you yesterday, so I'm probably in your friends tab under requests
  • GotYR06
    I just looked your not there! Sorry bugging you so early I am considered essential unfortunately and I’m at work at 5am every morning!
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    I'm the same way, work at a nursing home, although I'm off for a month lol

My sleep schedule is all mucked up lol

I'm eating breakfast at midnight lol
  • GotYR06
    Just got to work. Thanks for the add! Oh I feel you I used to work the ER in Admissions.
  • GotYR06
    Where are you from anyhow? I’m from California.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Nova scotia, canada.
  • GotYR06
    Omg! My mom was born in New Brunswick! How are you doing during this corona virus? The idiots here won’t stay inside and think it’s vacation apparently!
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Oh lol that's cool!

Uhm.. police have issued about 47 tickets for people violating the laws set in state of emergency, most of them issued just this passed weekend.

One business was also fined $7500 for being open when they shouldnt of.

But based on the news, our premier is getting pretty pissed off at people not listening.

Its gotten Into the nursing homes here... not the one I work at yet, but one owned by the company.. I really hope it doesnt start spreading through the residents, the nursing home that has it, is massive...15 floors =/