Pole Fitness and Dancing Group

Options
Hi all,

Is there a pole fitness group on here? If not then we should start one.

Let’s all post our home routines for those of us who have a pole at home. And for those of us who do not, what are you doing to keep in shape and flexibility?
——————————-

For me, I luckily got a pole before the stay at home was mandated. I’ve been re-learning my old routines. I’m at a beginner level so I’m up for any suggestions more advanced people have.

I found a really great YouTube stretching routine to work into the front splits which has been a long term goal of mine.

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Hey, there is a group but it's no longer active. But I would love that link to the front splits youtube video. If you can share it here that would be awesome.

I do have a pole in my home and I've been using it regularly. I use an app called Splits Training. It's free.

I've been taking classes with Phoenix Kazree, Carmine Black, Tia Jax, Felicia Drake, Marlo Fiskens (all of her videos are 50% off right now), Michelle Mynx, and my studio instructors. The good thing about the shelter in place orders is that you're able to take classes with people you wouldn't get to. I'm definitely utilizing this time to improve.

Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Bucatina
    Bucatina Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Yes here is the link for the front splits video:
    https://youtu.be/ZeP7Y9GCt_M

Let’s be friends and chat there! Maybe we can revive the group on here.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I was taking intermediate pole fitness classes and I miss them so much. I have a pole in my home gym, but I'm focused on floor work at the moment.

For my workouts I do a lot of flexibility, agility and balance work in addition to my cardio and strength training sessions.

Doing a few deep stretching Youtube workouts consistently helped me to be able to do front and center splits. It took some time for me to master however.

Currently I'm working on my backbends and making great progress with that.

I would love to find pole fitness workouts. I came across Tantra Tutorials and it seems very comprehensive, but I don't see any reviews online so I'm not sure. I'm just continuing to practice on my moves and have fun!

Good luck ladies!
  • eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to learn how to pole dance for a year now, and with the gyms closed I purchased a pole. Plus I'm a new mom and won't really be back in the gym when it reopens anyway.

I love the bit I'm learning to do now, and I'm trying to coax my friends into joining me. I've been using tutorials I find online, no classes yet. It's amazing how much this is working whole body, especially my shoulders. I am loving it. I want to take a class, and I want to be able to have spotters when I start doing more lifts and spins. Right now I have my phone to record my form and my husband to help if he's somehow free and the baby is asleep at the same time. Haha!