Apple health not recording all calories

Options
Hi, recently started on MFP. Some days such as yesterday Apple Health either did not record or discarded meals before dinner. I consumed about 2400 calories and AH only shows the dinner - 1285 calories. I want my data in AH to be accurate. I searched for about 10 minutes in the community and could not locate this issue so apologies if already answers and I could not find. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Best

Replies

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    This isn't apple health, have you tried contacting them directly?
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    So what I notice with MFP and Apple Health is that there is considerable wonkiness that is intermittent and so it is hard to know what, if any, "fixes" work. But one thing that seems to help at least some of the time is to log out of the mobile MFP app and log back in.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Until Apple make direct adding food possible, you're going to be at the mercy of third party sync connections like this.
  • jason2031
    jason2031 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kriss - I am aware and it’s MFP that wants my dollars and I asked the support team and received no reply so I thought maybe the community has come across this issue. Thx for responding
  • jason2031
    Options
    Thanks Maxxitt I will try that as it happened again today with a recording present then being wiped out. Basically I am trying to have all things in one place and not have to scroll and switch apps.
  • jason2031
    Options
    Support replied and said it’s a known issue for some users and did not offer any fixes or timeline. I don’t want to part with $80 without the synch working. I asked a follow up question with support.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,812 Member
    Options
    I seldom look at the Apple health app. The exercise data that carries over from Apple into MFP seems accurate, and since I do all my logging here, it’s just easier to look at it here.

Even if Apple Health did record calories properly, the amount of info is so overwhlming that I’d still look here, simply because it’s in a neat easily digestible format here.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    jason2031 wrote: »
    Thanks Maxxitt I will try that as it happened again today with a recording present then being wiped out. Basically I am trying to have all things in one place and not have to scroll and switch apps.

I ended up using FitIV app for this reason, fwiw Might be worth looking into if you are using an apple watch. https://fitiv.com/