Hi There

Options
Nellz_
Nellz_ Posts: 5 Member
I'm Nellz, and at the young age of 22 I have decided that I want to take control of my bad eating habits.

I went to my doctor for a regular check up and he brought up the fact that in the past year I had gained over 10lbs. At 5'2, I weighed 181 lbs. This, by every standard I have seen, would make me obese. Its not only the fact that I hate the way that sounds, but I have noticed over the past couple months that I have been eating very unhealthy foods. Approximately 4 years ago I weighed around 145-150 lbs. During this time I was working out almost everyday for Track and Field and Colorguard.

I decided to search out a good place to be able to have some involvement and help from others who may be going through the same mini-crisis as myself.

My goal is to try to get back to 150 lbs, but also to try to gain some muscle in the process. Hopefully I can find an awesome base here to help me out. Thanks in advance and I look forward to talking to as many of you as posible.

:blushing:

Oh, the other reason that I am really trying to get into shape, is that I am in the process of becoming a Firefighter/Paramedic. I know that I can do my job better if I am keeping my body healthy.

Replies

• Nellz_
    Options
    I'm Nellz, and at the young age of 22 I have decided that I want to take control of my bad eating habits.

I went to my doctor for a regular check up and he brought up the fact that in the past year I had gained over 10lbs. At 5'2, I weighed 181 lbs. This, by every standard I have seen, would make me obese. Its not only the fact that I hate the way that sounds, but I have noticed over the past couple months that I have been eating very unhealthy foods. Approximately 4 years ago I weighed around 145-150 lbs. During this time I was working out almost everyday for Track and Field and Colorguard.

I decided to search out a good place to be able to have some involvement and help from others who may be going through the same mini-crisis as myself.

My goal is to try to get back to 150 lbs, but also to try to gain some muscle in the process. Hopefully I can find an awesome base here to help me out. Thanks in advance and I look forward to talking to as many of you as posible.

:blushing:

Oh, the other reason that I am really trying to get into shape, is that I am in the process of becoming a Firefighter/Paramedic. I know that I can do my job better if I am keeping my body healthy.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou: Looks like you have some good goals for yourself, let us know if we can help!:drinker:
  • Nellz_
    Options
    Thanks =]

Any tips, advice, or tricks would be awesome in helping me out. A friend suggested that I get the "Eat This... Not That" books, so I'm going to pick those up today.