Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    jingle40 wrote: »
    @kshama2001, the difference is between naturally grown food and agriculture. Our wheat and grains in generally have been modified to produce a high yield, which diminished their nutritional value.

The foods she mentioned (rice and beans, fruit, and vegetables) are produced by agriculture though.

Right, and not everyone finds grains not filling, also.

I find many types of grains quite satisfying in the context of a meal, which is probably why I always find pasta quite satisfying and the usual serving size on the package (56 g) to be plenty, sometimes even less than that. But I never eat pasta plain, but instead with some kind of protein and lots of vegetables, and some kind of fat source (usually a couple kinds) too. I think some sandwiches are plenty satisfying too, although I usually like the foods I'd put on a sandwich as much alone as with the bread, so skip the bread as a good way to save cals, and because I don't miss it (same with bread at dinner or breakfast, but that's personal taste -- some love bread and I've seen many of them say they find it very satisfying as part of an overall meal). I also find beans with a grain and some veg tends to be more satisfying for me than just the beans on their own (although I find beans extremely filling).
  • cakecup
    cakecup Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    jingle40 wrote: »
    I’ve joined to track the carbs I eat. I’m trying to aim for 20g a day, but never managed that yet. My average is still around 100g a day 😞.
    Still, I’ve lost 4.5 lbs in 5 days and I couldn’t be more delighted.
    Anyone else on a low carb journey?

yup, and I drink these shakes and bars that are keto frin