I'm new here.

Options
Hello, all. My name is Laurie. I'm here because I weigh 255 lbs, and I'm only five-foot-nothing. My doctor says I'm a mess, and he's right: insulin-dependent diabetes and the beginnings of congestive heart failure. I've been here five days, and it's going okay--until today when the Feta cheese I went nuts with put me 42 calories and a LOT of sodium over my goals. Wish me luck, and I gladly wish you the same.

Replies

• levigal
    Options
    Welcome Laurie :-)

I'm a mess too.lol

I'm new here as well. Been on this site for 2 weeks. It is a wonderful place. Full of awesome people and over the top encouragement. I'd enjoy taking this journey with u if u'd like to request me :-)
  • rannawelch
    rannawelch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started using "My Fitness Pal" on my android last week, but this is my first time on the site. I love feeling all of this love and support on these forums! I'm ALWAYS over my sodium and sugars.. it's awful
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! This site is really wonderful, with so many tools and supportive people to help you on your journey. Best of luck to you!!
  • veracan
    Options
    I am also new, around two weeks. I haven't lost any weight and have been working out a great deal, walking and bike riding. I started logging everything I ate and I now understand why. I never liked to write down what I ate for the day because I didn't want to face the fact that I am consuming to many calories, especially carbs. I love bread, pasta, and salt. I have been logging everything I eat and it is making me aware of what I am eating and what I have to cut out. I know that we can change our eating habits by keeping track of the food we eat. Good luck and welcome aboard.