What is your go-to low Cal fast food?

Options
Jonjon60
Jonjon60 Posts: 17 Member
edited April 2020 in Food and Nutrition
That's not a salad or contains chicken??

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I normally order a small regular hamburger.
  • Jonjon60
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Mine is Raising cane's chicken fingers. They are only about a 120 calories per chicken finger. I usually eat 2 or 3 with nothing else but water
  • Daveybaseball
    Daveybaseball Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A grilled nuggets
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Subway 6in veggie with marinara sauce, all the veggies, 2 scoops of giardiniera and a heavy hit of parmesan cheese toasted with a diet coke..
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    That's not a salad or contains chicken??
    Mine is Raising cane's chicken fingers. They are only about a 120 calories per chicken finger. I usually eat 2 or 3 with nothing else but water

But that contains chicken... :huh:

I usually get a roasted chicken Subway with tons of veggies, mustard and vinegar - no cheese.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Tiny Tacos from Jack in the Box is surprisingly low cal. Only 350 calories. Even the loaded Tiny Tacos is only 470 calories. It's a bit greasy for me, but it's good for an occasional treat.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Egg McMuffin

I do not find it all that filling but when I am out running errands, and especially doctor visits where I have been kept waiting and it has delayed my normal lunchtime this helps.

The egg white frittata thing from Starbucks has the same problem but still it will give me something until I can get more.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Chick fil a sandwich and their kale crunch salad. I don’t know what it is about that salad, but I could eat and eat and eat it as dessert.

CookOut’s hamburger tray with double onion rings. Did you know onion rings have a fraction the calories of French fries? But then I sit there and ogle husband’s hush puppies. Their hush puppies are just like Shrimp Boat had back in the ancient days of the 60’s.
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Tacos with shrimp, corn tortillas, no cheese (local taco places.) Chicken or shrimp skewers (at the local Greek place), CFA grilled nuggets, fried egg at Dunkin, egg bites at Starbucks, grilled chicken breast at McDonald's, kids string bean chicken and veggies at Panda Express.
  • Jonjon60
    Options
    I can't believe I i listed chicken as my go-to low Cal fast food, when I said list everything but chicken or salad...lol I'm losing it!! I guess everything starting to wear on me :(

So my other go-to is a subway Turkey 6"
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Costa bacon roll. It’s 400 cals so not sure if one would consider it low cal. It’s filling for me tho as a grab n go brekkie
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Arby's Gyro, hold the Pita
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    wendy's chili
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Wendy's small chili with a plain baked potato. I sometimes add the chili to the potato and eat them together.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    A 6 inch veggie delight sandwich from Subway. I load on lettuce, tomato, all the peppers available (including jalapenos), onions, olives, and a light drizzle of their chipotle sauce. It comes to about 350 calories because I use their herb bread, but you could omit the sauce and put it on either white or wheat instead and make it even lower in calories. Pair it with a bag of their baked chips and you get around a 500 calorie lunch. High but not astronomical for a fast food lunch.
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am also a fan of subways veg delight. I get all the veg with extra pickles and jalapeños!

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat fast food, but when I do, it's usually some sort of salad-ish item and/or chicken. Otherwise...does large iced coffee count? Starbucks or DD... preferably DD since it's cheaper and I'll try some different flavors, but don't add extra cream or sugar, maybe just a splash of milk.