Good places to eat out and not a million calories

Options
Going on a Date Night with my husband tonight. Any suggestions on places to eat that will not bust our diets. I know a day over here and there is fine but I still don't want to way over do it, if I don't have to. We live in Vegas, so I am sure we have most restaurants.

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    AppleBees has this sirloin steak and shrimp combo from the under 550 calorie menu. Good and filling. Check it out. They have their menu online. Happy eating!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    BJ's, Chili's, Panera, etc... look up these nutrition info details online :)
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sweet Tomatoes
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Best advice?

Sit down with him and discuss where the two of you might want to go. Then log onto their websites and take a look at their menu and nutritional facts BEFORE you go. If the two of you enjoy the same foods, split an entree'. If not, ask for a to-go box BEFORE you eat. As soon as they hand you the plate, split the meal in half - put half in the box and half stays on the plate. Only eat what is on your plate - take the rest home.
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If you have a Nando's nearby then that can be easily made into low cal. I went there today!
    Add me as a friend & have a look at my diary so you get an idea of the calorie intake there :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Applebee's is an easy one.
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    Best advice?

Sit down with him and discuss where the two of you might want to go. Then log onto their websites and take a look at their menu and nutritional facts BEFORE you go. If the two of you enjoy the same foods, split an entree'. If not, ask for a to-go box BEFORE you eat. As soon as they hand you the plate, split the meal in half - put half in the box and half stays on the plate. Only eat what is on your plate - take the rest home.

this. i always find out where we're going and plan ahead. i log everything on mfp before i take a bite.
  • linda1243
    Options
    you can also split an entry that you both like that is healthier such as meat and veggies and then each get a side salad. Helps limit the calories and saves $$$!
  • wvjanie
    wvjanie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ruby Tuesday's. They have a salad and three side combo with calorie counts on the sides in the menu. I sometimes bring my own salad dressing to make the endless salad calories (stay away from potato salad and apple waldorf) almost nothing for me.
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Chili's has some decent choices. I usually get the margarita chicken. Everything has too much sodium, but they have quite a few dinner plates for under 600 calories. It's a good idea to check a restaurant's website before going out, just to you have a plan (especially if you want dessert) and a lot of places will have printed copies of their nutrition in the restaurant if you ask the server. Enjoy your date night! :)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Generally when I plan to eat out, I will go light on calories the rest of the day. Then I go where I want and order what I want. I eat about half of the meal, generally, and take the rest home for later. It's really the portions more than anything that kill you at a restaurant! (For this reason, it's generally best to avoid any all-you-can-eat place, especially in Las Vegas where it costs so much, because there's a natural tendency to eat too much, even if it's "healthy" food, in order to get your money's worth.)

I have gone online and looked at the menu and calorie information and picked out what I think I want before going in to the restaurant before. That way, you kind of know what kind of calories you're looking at.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Ikea.
  • niccole679
    Options
    BJ's, Chili's, Panera, etc... look up these nutrition info details online :)

Thanks, we went to BJ's and I ordered the Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta, it was so yummy and a large serving I wasn't even able to finish it all. If I had eaten it all it would have been 525 calories for dinner, not bad.
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sushi is great if you like Sashimi?

Also mexican is really nice if you share a fajita.