Lower belly that it’s not really fat

Options
theninfea
theninfea Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello, I’m a 20 yo girl with a belly problem. I have always been skinny and athletic, I’ve been a competitive pentathlete for 12 years, had to stop last year because of a problem. Now I’m trying to keep myself toned, since I really don’t gain weight, I’m focused mainly on abs. I can’t run anymore, neither cycle because of that problem, so I can do only precise exercises. I’ve been doing the typical ones for 2 months: crunch, leg lifts, Russian twists, plank ecc ecc for 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week. I did it, I have abs of course, BUT! It seems I can’t get rid of this.. how can I call it? It’s not bloating, neither it’s a lower belly since if I pinch it it’s not fat, it’s just... skin. So it’s not fat, but it prevents me to have that “flat stomach look” you know? What can I do about it? I don’t really eat junk food, I eat really few carbs since I don’t like pasta or bread that much, could it be just my body or should I try other abs workouts?

Ps: this is my “morning skinny” so after lunch/dinner it’s a lot worse

Breathing a little less..
CE6563-F9-11-E3-4755-A763-E28672-F55020.png

Full breathing lol

6-DA25-BBF-582-F-4-E77-A2-CE-795-C862-C2253.jpg

Replies

• theninfea
    theninfea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh! thats an interesting thread... so there is no way to get rid of it i guess, also because even when i did 4 sports a day i had that shape.. what is your guess about those models who dont have that belly though? im not talking about photoshopped, underweight models, but those who really have a flat flat stomach.. genetics?
    Also im wondering, could the fertile window make you bloated too, just like periods? because when i ovulate i have cramps, headaches, pimples just like when i menstruate
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    theninfea wrote: »
    Oh! thats an interesting thread... so there is no way to get rid of it i guess, also because even when i did 4 sports a day i had that shape.. what is your guess about those models who dont have that belly though? im not talking about photoshopped, underweight models, but those who really have a flat flat stomach.. genetics?
    Also im wondering, could the fertile window make you bloated too, just like periods? because when i ovulate i have cramps, headaches, pimples just like when i menstruate
    Hormones do crazy things - the joy of being a woman!

I know that my uterus sat at a weird angle, the doctor commented once that my cervix was at almost a 90 angle (they punctured my uterine wall inserting an IUD years ago). My pregnancies all showed super early as well. I think some tilt forward making them more prominent than others.

• ecrispi
    ecrispi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I feel you on this one. Also always an athlete and skinny. But I have the same bump :)
  • ecrispi
    ecrispi Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I read a fitness model’s (I don’t remember who) process for pre-shoot once and thought holy crap that’s a lot for some pictures. I mean it all makes sense I guess I just never really thought about it before

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    +1 on posture making it show way more than it would with a "normal" posture.

+1 that if you caught me staring at you long enough to actually be able to see this on you, you ought to walk over and smack me upside the head!

I clicked Insightful. Guess I'll remember you for this :D

(Btw, I seem to have lost my sheep, and also other photos don't stick. Hmpf)
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    There is no such thing as perfect. Focus on positives in life and quit obsessing over airbrushed & anorexic models. (and believe me, I'll bet most of those models are starving for the photo shoots)
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I agree with others saying it is probably your uterus, and also looking into anterior pelvic tilt.

This YouTuber has videos on posture correction exercises.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2NZMaI-HeNU&list=PLFBizIyYw93eg07IPpRQYgoNtQ9W6ECtV&index=2

Anterior pelvic tilt is very common. Nothing to feel bad about!