How much did you lose your first week?

Options
I know when you begin this journey you tend to lose faster in the beginning because of water weight. But I'm curious as to how much others lost the first week. How much did you lose the first week?

Replies

• Jaded_GRL
    Options
    THREE POUNDS probably becasue I was REALLY watching the sodium intake as well as calories etc. but now I average just 1/2 pound to 1 pound a week.
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    Everyone is different. I lost 6 my first week and 5 my second week, now entering my thrid week so hopefully this pace stays. Get into a good diet and dont be afraid to sweat some if you want it to come off.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    3 the first, 4 the second. the first 2 months were awesome, I lost like 15 of my 25 in the first 2 months.

now it has been about 9 months, and I am at 25 lbs lost. it went MUCH slower for me after the 12-15 at first.

everyone is different, great to remember that. just go along and treat your body good. move, eat well, sleep, drink water - very important stuff that helps no matter if you lose 1, 5, or 0 lbs a week
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I lost the most the first week. 4 lbs, and I was not counting calories or exercising yet. I average about 2 lbs a week, but not each week. sometimes it takes me 10 days to lose anything. good luck on your journey
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    4 pounds my 1st week! Then it slowed down to 1.5 to 2 a week. As of now I am 12 down, with 73 more to go---So far so good!
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i actually didnt lose anything, it has taken a long time to actually find what my body needed to lose and its a bloody slow progress!!
  • eatnbetter
    Options
    I weigh in Monday officially but I got on today to see how I'm doing and I'm down 5lbs! Yay! I have been tracking my sodium too. I did go over a little two days, trying to keep it under control!
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    4 - 5 pounds my first week of actually watching my calories and getting some exercise in. My weight loss has been pretty consistent as long as I get some exercise in and don't overeat.
  • chasidieason
    Options
    I actually lost 9 lbs my first week! I was stoked. :) I think it's due to my body being in absolute shock at the combination of having an actual calorie limit and sweating my butt off at the gym, lol. I'm sure it won't always be that way, but it was definitely an encouraging start!
  • rjacobson16
    Options
    I've realized that every time I've fallen off the wagon and yo-yo'd back up, I lose less weight when I actually get back on a diet than I did the last time. Makes me wonder what yo-yoing all this time has done to my body. But I think I was holding water weight that week for other, more hormonal reasons. So I was only down about 3 pounds. Which sounds good, but if you take into account that I lost seven the first time I tried Weight Watchers a few years ago and I weighed about the same, you'd expect more...

Oh well, this time's the charm, I can feel it.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind I have (had) tons to lose, but I lost 16lbs the first week and 40 pounds in the first 4 weeks.
  • LaMaMiK77
    Options
    I lost 5 pounds my 1st week but it has slowed down...but I have lost 17.2 pounds so far and have 16.8 pounds to go to reach my goal weight. You just have to keep going. :)
  • LaMaMiK77
    Options
    I lost 5 pounds my 1st week but it has slowed down...but I have lost 17.2 pounds so far and have 16.8 pounds to go to reach my goal weight. You just have to keep going. :)
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs the first week and then steadily 2 each week after that for 5 months. Then I plateaued.
  • jasonweinberg
    Options
    i lost like 15 lbs my first week but i was very overweight.
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i actually didnt lose anything, it has taken a long time to actually find what my body needed to lose and its a bloody slow progress!!

Good grief! I'm so relieved that it isn't just me, I hopped on the Wii yesterday fully expecting a pound lost. But nothing!

Out of interest how did you cope? And what have you leaned?

Ellen :)
  • Holly092
    Holly092 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    3kg
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    I lost 3 lbs but it's been a very slow process since.
  • dragonflybird
    Options

So, how did you finally find out?
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    2 lbs