Branson, MO

Options
angel79202
angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
Heading there for vacation..any suggestions from those who live there or have been for places to eat, things to do? I know we're doing duck boats and Dixie Stampede :)

Replies

• luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I live a couple hours from there, and always went to Silver Dollar City or White Water. I've heard a lot of good things about the Titanic Museum there. I've never been, but after hearing about it have always wanted to the next time I go to Branson. http://www.titanicbranson.com/

Have a great trip!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I went to the Titanic museum and really enjoyed it - I would definitely recommend. Also, the caves around there are really fun to explore. The outlet mall (well, it's an outdoor mall) is also worth checking out.
  • moprincess76
    Options
    HA lucky for you I used to live there.. Depends on what your tastes are.. Bring plenty of cash.. everything is expensive... Silver dollar city is awesome if you like the 1880 feel ... Glass blowers, jewelry makers.. awesome food.. and a few theme park rides.. and a AWESOME cave to hike through......... then there is the Titanic museum, , Ripleys believe it or not... One show i HIGHLY recommend is the Pierce Arrow Theater.. AWESOME SHOW... and if you can and lucky to get tickets.. Go see Shoji Tabuchi... and who doesnt love Yakov Smirnoff????? If you want fun.. you got it.. be prepared for traffic.. and like i said high prices...Oh heck .. send me a friend request and ill give you a detailed guide to the city!!!!!!
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I also believe the precious moments chapel is over there! It is amazing! The guy that paints precious moments lives really close and every few days or when ever he wants, will go paint something new or add something. Its such a cute and awesome master piece! I am not sure if it is in branson but if its not too far away I say go. Such a great experience! Hope you can make it there. I also recommend getting the tour that talks about the main room.
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ok i just double checked. The precious moments is in carthage, mo and is an hr and 44 mins away from branson. Still your guys decision. Have fun!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Silver dollar city is great :D
    although i went with my bff and i think we had more fun in the hotel (were both crazy) lol
    between her tripping n her whole cup of ice flying behind her onto some guys head and me and her picking on the hotel guy. xD
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I lived in Branson for 4 years (during college). Moved away about 5 years ago. I worked at the Dixie Stampede as a server. I highly recommend it!!

Other recommendations not in any particular order...
    Dixie Stampede
    Ride the Ducks
    Silver Dollar City
    Titanic Museum
    Shopping/Dining at Branson Landing
    Shopping at Tanger Outlets
    Pierce Arrow show
    Grand Country Indoor Water Park (for the kids)
    Mini Golf and Go-Karts (for the kids)
    Show Boat Branson Belle (dinner show and cruise on the lake aboard an 1800s era steam boat)
    Table Rock Lake is a gorgeous lake right outside of Branson - fun to rent a boat or take a swim at Moonshine Beach. There is also a fish hatchery and museum at the table rock dam.

Tons of great restaurants in branson and at the Branson Landing downtown.

I was never big into most of the shows, over priced and not that great. But probably mostly because its catered to an older generation is why it doesn't appeal to me.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I suggest Stone Hill winery (if you're in to wine) and the Butterfly Museum. Branson Landing is pretty cool, too!