Need some friends

Options
I used to use this app very consistently. I'm realizing this was motivated by the social aspect. None of my friends are on anymore and I am less motivated to log each day. I would love some positive people back on my newsfeed!

Replies

• jrjones925
    jrjones925 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jeremy (friends call me Jay) and I'm in a similar situation as my friends no longer use the app either. I've been pretty consistent for the bast 2 weeks and I'm feeling great. However, I know I need support to stay motivated so I came to the community page for the first time and saw your post! So here is me saying hi and hoping to make a new friend ( that sounds hella corny I know, but it's all I got with quarantine brain 🙃)! Stay safe!
  • Karliemyalgia
    Karliemyalgia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya there. I use the app, and I found myself envious of the interactions some of my small group of friends have on their posts. I'd love to try to be more social with people. I'll send you a friend request :)
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I've been and yo-yo MFP user since 2006. I say "yo-yo" user because like you, I had friends who were active on here and held me accountable if I missed posting or logging and over the years, we hit goals, fail and lose motivation, life got in the way... all of which I am guilty of, and they have all faded off and away.

I had reached my goal 6 months ago and began a maintenance program and then life got in the way and I let all my hard work slip behind me.

So here I am... back at it, with dedication to get back to my goal, especially because I know it's achievable, but not without the reminder nudges to keep on going. More recently I have been very active in both my regular posts and community posts. I have an open diary (food log) so when I slip up... call me out! :)

Feel free to send FR .... :) We're all in this together.

Melani
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been using this app for a few years now and have only recently got into the social aspect of it. It's been fun meeting new people and having like minded goals. With that being said, feel free to add me!! 🙂
  • aschleybest
    aschleybest Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can be your friend