So.. I finally bought one

Unicorn_Bacon
Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
.... lol...

Ordered my first instapot on amazon today, I think I was getting tired of seeing so many good looking recipes and finding out it's an instapot recipe.

Although I know some things can also be made without one, I like the idea of just one pot.

Pinterest has a ton of great recipes, but has anyone have any saved to their pinterest that they've tried and make often?

My pot wont be here for a month so I would like to start off with something tasty and that works out in the pot the way it's supposed to lol

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    I made penne alla vodka two nights ago... and make yogurt regularly using mine... and butter chicken, and oxtail soup, and beans, and spaghetti and meatballs, and corned beef and cabbage, and all the things! Mmmmmm.

Um... what kind of recipes are you looking for? :) Welcome to the instapot club.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Uhm..
    Maybe some casseroles or traditional style meals, stews, etc

I just want ones people have tried and tasted, cause you know how sometimes you can make a recipe and it's not anything you expected by the image, tasteless, didnt turn out the way it looked in the picture, etc
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Yes! 100 times yes on this recipe. You can also change it up using your favorite risotto recipe but use the method described in serious eats.

I tried this recipe for Korean short ribs last week. It was phenomenal. You might have to choose a different cut of beef or just skim off all the fat.

I use Chef John's marinara recipe but pressure cook it in the Instantpot for 15 minutes.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Thank you guys I will check them out
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    I really like this recipe but swapped extra beans for quinoa and don't use beer as I usually don't have any. Definitely use chipotle powder, I use Penzey's medium-hot chili powder with recipes. Only thing I didn't like about the recipe is the sweet potatoes were mushy so when I make it I cook them separate and add them at the end. https://www.wellplated.com/slow-cooker-turkey-quinoa-chili/

I also make batches of beans/legumes at least once a week for salads, yogurt, and make a batch of steel cut oats every 4 days. I put ginger root and cinnamon sticks in it and make a tea concentrate to dilute in my water or drink straight, it's the reason I stay hydrated.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    swirlybee wrote: »

I tried this recipe for Korean short ribs last week. It was phenomenal. You might have to choose a different cut of beef or just skim off all the fat.

Did you have to skim off fat when you made this recipe? Also, did you use an Asian pear or just a regular pear? I don't think I've ever made short ribs before.

• swirlybee
    swirlybee wrote: »

Did you have to skim off fat when you made this recipe? Also, did you use an Asian pear or just a regular pear? I don't think I've ever made short ribs before.

Yes, I did skim off the fat. I used canned pear when I made it. I've also substituted sweet apples (Gala or Fuji) whenever a Korean recipe calls for Asian pear. It's not essential to the recipe so you can skip it and ti'll still taste great.

Another dish you can make with short ribs is a ragu.... or braise it with red wine and serve with risotto (might do that this weekend)
  • swirlybee
    Here's another instantpot recipe that I like: instantpot chili with beans. I don't like beans in my chili, so you can omit that if you'd like.