The more challenging exercise DVDs

Options
I am looking for a new DVD to do 3-5 times a week. I have done Jillian Michaels 30DS and NMTZ but my weight is stuck and I think it's because I find them too easy (don't really get into a sweat with either). It seems like there are a few DVDs out there which are more intense.

I am looking for something which isn't easy after a month of doing it, doesn't require hard dance moves and that will make me feel like I'm going to die by the end. I am not interested in having a 6 pack or big muscles, I am in good shape and naturally muscular but just want to lose fat so I can actually see the tone hiding underneath.

Here is my shortlist:

ChaLean Extreme
TurboJam
TurboFire
Insanity
P90X

I have obviously searched about them here and online generally, but can I get some real feedback about the results you guys have got and what you would recommend?

Replies

• leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    turbo fire is fun! I cant say results, i have tones my arms abit by ive only used it for three days. I LOVE IT!
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    Bump
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Insanity will definitely work you into a sweat and I'm not sure you ever get used to Insanity to the point where it doesn't make you work for it.
    P90X is okay for cardio too but it has a lot of muscle building. Insanty is more cardio based.
    Haven't looked into the other 3
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I own 200+ workouts and I have to say, my number one workout is Tae Bo. I have been doing it off and on since 1998, coming back strong to it in 2010.

You can check out the following workouts by Billy Blanks on youtube: It's his latest workouts. You can find them on Amazon and some at Walmart or Targets.

1. Tae Bo Insane Abs
    2. This is Tae Bo
    3. Billy's Cardio Inferno
    4. Tae Bo Ripped Extreme
    5. Billy's Boot Camp Cardio Sculpt
    6. Billy's Boot Camp SOS

Billy has a new program out. Billy Blanks PT 24/7. You can see clips of it on youtube as well.

If you want to see other videos of Billy's, just type Tae Bo on youtube, you should be able to see different workouts.
  • catlady100
    Options
    Atletica is a ketttebell type dvd that uses dumbells. U can see clips on collagevideo. However it's a single dvd and not a a system or set like the beachbody dvds that u mentioned.

If u want more examples that are not beachbody: go to collagevideo and do a search by type ( eg: bootcamp, dance, etc) and level (advanced) .