Calorie counting. Does it work for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    The counting only works when I restrict the number I intake to less than my maintenance. Counting doesn't lose weight, eating at less than maintenance does.
  • pandaapo
    pandaapo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hope so !!! hehe
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Lost 40 lbs and 5 inches around my waist counting calories. So, yeah. It works.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I've lost and maintained my wt by calorie counting every day over the past 5 ywars.

Don't know how else you could do it w/any reasonable degree of accuracy or consistency.

If you are one of those who say they never count cals and can just fo it "intuitivel," good for us but most of us are not so blessed.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I've lost 84 pounds over the last year.

It works extremely well.
  • The_Mathematician
    The_Mathematician Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Using MFP religiously for 2+ years & went from 280 to 200lbs. Went to 220 in lean mass but steadily dropped to 205 again since going back to school full time and losing of access to gym during this Covid19 tragedy. Wish the calorie adjustment calculator was more conservative w calories burned from cardio but to be honest, you’re better off paying attention to the baseline calorie intake from your aggregate activity level than paying attention to calories burned per workout. Other than that nice to track what you’re putting in your body each day if you have sensitivities to too much sodium and sugar like I do.