Post C-section Exercise

Options
Hey everyone, I've recently been cleared to start exercising after my c-section 2 months ago. I've started with some walking, but I was wondering if any of y'all had any recommendations for anything else. Or even anything to specifically avoid. Thanks!!

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I had mine almost 2 years ago. After I was cleared for regular activity there wasn't anything I was told to avoid doing. I do some aerobics and walking now, and hope to get back to running.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    After each of my c-sections I focused on logging food (taking into account extra calories needed if you are breastfeeding) and walking. I then added in squats and arm workouts and slow jog. I avoided focused ab work until I dropped most of my extra tummy weight (maybe 4 months post delivery) and it was more comfortable. If your doctor didn't give you any restrictions I'd say you can do what feels comfortable for you right now and listen to your body (stop if it hurts).
  • Be_the_best_me_4_baby_no2
    Options
    How many calories did you allow if exclusively breastfeeding? X
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    If you were cleared with no restrictions then there is nothing to avoid assuming you practice proper load management with your resistance and cardio training.

I would suggest to get at least the recommended amounts of each with something you will adhere to.