So daunting - switching from Slimming World

Options
CLARB85
CLARB85 Posts: 19 Member
Hi guys! I’ve recently decided to keep an eye on my calories after following SW for quite a while! I don’t have too much to lose (around a stone) but I honestly feel so overwhelmed with it. From only really logging ‘syns’ to logging absolutely everything (even tomato purée), I’m finding it so daunting.

I suppose my question is, has anybody made the transition from slimming world to calorie counting and did you just get used to tracking everything eventually? I just can’t see me being able to plan ahead and estimate calories in meals to plan them into my day! It’s such an alien concept for me. Thanks for any advice anyone can give 😌

Replies

• iamjoyce1
    iamjoyce1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have not done SW. However, the things that have helped me in using Fitness Pal are entering and saving recipes I use often as well as entering foods I use often in my foods list. This is labor intensive at first but gets easier as you store foods/recipes. Good luck!
  • ecrispi
    ecrispi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don’t know what SW is, but similar to the above poster. I find it much easier to do the work up front and not worry about it for awhile. Like, I’ll cook a big dish to eat for so many days. Then I know I have x calories per day for dinner or lunch or whatever. I don’t have to do the math for another week. I’ve also stored up calorie counts for dishes I like so when I cook again it’s minimal work. I might have to edit for say, the size chicken breast I bought this time or something, but it’s a quick minor substitution. Trying to do all the math for each meal everyday just gets too annoying. Do it up front when you feel like it, then don’t worry about it :)