Quarantine

Options
Hello Everyone this is day one for me of starting over and counting. I was doing Keto before Covid-19 started and I lost 20 lbs but since than I gained everything back (from stress eating to just bored eating) How are you guys doing?

Replies

• jasmine_belle
    jasmine_belle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Struggling but determined to get my mindset back. I'm on day 1 too.

Good luck! You did it before and you can do it again. ❤
  • aimjolie
    aimjolie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! Most people feel stressed now and some turn to emotional eating. This also includes me. You gained the weigh back but you can lose it again. Now is not the time to beat ourselves up. We have enough stress now without adding more. How much committing to losing the weigh slowly so we can occasionally have that small treat? Log everything you eat but save some calories to enjoy that small treat. Also look for ways to treat yourself that doesn’t always include food. It’s different for everyone such as a nice bubble bath with lit candles, starting to read that book you always want to read, a phone call to a special friend, cuddling with your pet, etc. If all of these fail than enjoy those 2 cookies but forget about eating the whole box. These are difficult times so let’s try to be kind to ourself and to others!!
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone! My eating hasn’t been the greatest, but we have been cooking more at home. I am trying to drink primarily water, am doing yoga daily, and running sometime. The movement is my main stress relief, so if I could keep motivation and get my eating in check...

Having less time due to home schooling after work is the hardest for me.
  • AMHS1958
    AMHS1958 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, not the best eating in recent weeks! My day always starts out great but by the end of the day boredom sets in and out comes anything sugar! I need to get things under control if I can! Good luck on your journey. Stay safe xx
  • myfoiegraslife
    myfoiegraslife Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I didn't even realize that my eating had deteriorated. Even though I weigh every day and mostly track, it didn't even dawn on me. Blame the stress and depression we are all going through.

Finally aware, I am going to use the remainder of my home detention to focus on developing even better habits. I thought this blog post https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/14-at-home-strategies-to-fuel-your-weight-loss-journey/ really had some great suggestions. I needed them right now. This is such an unprecedented moment in all of our lives. We all need to practice a little self compassion and use this time wisely. We can do this.
  • Clairin
    Clairin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    We are in our fifth week total lockdown..no outside exercise allowed at all. I've lost 3 pounds and keeping it off. I use kitchen scales for everything, I monitor net calories in the app. I use my smart scale to see muscle & fat, I use my smart watch to count all calories so my house is very very clean! I use PopSugar Fitness on YouTube as a routine every day and I do a warm up and stretch class. I plan my food. If I go over or get a bit toxic feeling I will 16:8 fast if I feel the need like if my digestion needs the break. That's how I cope.