Veins! Help!

Options
Ok so I have panic disorder so this post is going to sounds insane.

I’ve noticed recently the veins in my hands are bulging and bright blue (yes I’m translucent lol)

I’ve always had them on my hands but I’m noticing them bluer and bulging all down my fingers

I started exercising a lot strength training four times per week and cardio
6 days

Please tell me I’m not dying because my anxiety is making me think I am.

(I’m going through a really hard anxious time and I’m working really hard to change my brain but things like this set me back)

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    If you are concerned about something with your body please ask your doctor.
  • Tumbles617
    Tumbles617 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well yea obviously but it’s Sunday and the docs are closed

I heard that working out makes your veins pop out that’s why I’m asking it in this group
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    People tend to be more vascular and veins can be more visible with lifting and exercise. Definitely the case for me as well.
  • ecrispi
    ecrispi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Same, I see my veins too when exercising more. Some only during/right after exercise, some stick around all the time when I’m exercising consistently enough. Yes still check with your doctor for concerns but it’s a common thing to see :)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Agree with the ladies above, but dehydration can also make your veins look more prominent. Are you dehydrated?
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    If the veins on the backs of my hands are standing out I know I'm dehydrated.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You probably aren’t dying based on that, but we have no way to say. Sorry hun.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Mine have always been like that but are more noticeable after exercise. Not sure about dehydration - I have to have regular infusions and my veins are harder to find if I'm dehydrated.
    I doubt it's anything serious but do you have access to a medical professional you could speak to by phone?
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @Tumbles617, how are you doing? 💕
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Have you lost any weight recently? When I was heavier I had a layer of fat on the back of my hands that made them less noticeable but as the weight came off they stood out more......it's perfectly normal (one of my non-scale victories was having some noticeable veins popping on my biceps).
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Standard disclaimer: ask a dr.

I have had the same freak out. Veins all over (chest, arms, forehead, hands, feet) sometimes look crazy bulgy and blue. Even had ultrasounds of my legs to rule out venous reflux. Nope, mine just look like that with exertion, dehydration, or increased body temp (so in a hot shower the veins in my feet are enormous and gross, after a run my forehead vein is hilariously prominent, and after lifting I’ve got ropey veins in my forearms and wrists).

Make a note of circumstances and times you notice this to see if there is a pattern.