Opinions on this tattoo please!

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
I am in LOVE with this tattoo! I love the way is sits nicely on the foot and goes up the side of the leg. This is something ive wanted now for ages! Swirls and little pretty things i reallly like. =)

What i was thinking of doing though, i now weigh in at 194lbs - i was thinking of setting myself a mini goal to get down to before i go book this tattoo?! A mini goal for me would be about 185lbs, so im 9lbs away from reaching it. By doing a mini goal, i think it will motivate me more to push myself a little further with excercise and healthy healthily, and its also something to look reallly foward to kinda thing!

Do you lot think i should set myself this mini goal or just go ahead and book it now??

Alsoooo, can I get your opinions on the tattoo please, does it look ok? do i need to change any of the swirls or anything? I think i would change the colour of the butterflies, id probably have them in like a tourquoise colour :)

23mjxjb.jpg

Replies

• gingerninja22
    gingerninja22 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    mini goal definitely :) it's lovely, and i think it would be great to use it is motivation
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I think it's really pretty. And yes, I would wait to do it until you've hit some kind of goal.
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The tattoo is beautiful! The important thing however is that YOU love it, since you will wear it for the rest of your life. I don't know how long you anticipate that it will take for you to lose the 9 lbs, but it is definitely a good goal. Me personally... I would wait until I got there to book the appointment. If for some reason, you book it now and don't achieve the goal in time, then what? You would have to either cancel the appointment or go ahead and get the tattoo without having reached your goal. There is no urgency to make the appointment and if it is an incentive, then you should reach the goal first... Just my opinion though!
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'd wait until you reach a goal, it gives you motivation!!
    That's what I'm doing :-)
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I agree get it done for a mini goal. At the end of the day it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks about it, if you like it then you get it done mate.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Thankyou everyoneee!!! I will defo use it as motivation to looose the 9lbs :) it could take me up to about 2 months, but im going to wrok super duper hard starting from today! and get my excercise calories burnt to about 900 everyday! :D thankyou
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    My opinion is: if YOU want it on YOUR body, get it. :)

Have fun!
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    TBH I'm not a tattoo fan, but it is nice. Why not do the tat in parts as you reach various goal? Do the butterflies first when you reach 185# and than do the lines at the next goal. This way the tat will represent a continual improvement rather than a singular step. Best success either way!
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It's a beautiful tattoo. i would set it as a mini goal, because you seem to want it bad enough it will motivate you to reach that goal and when you reach it you have this nice reward for your efforts. It's worked for me. And it actually makes me work harder because if don't reach my goal I can't have the reward that goes with it.
  • NitaRite
    Options
    Looks great Sophia, I agree the butterflies could be brightened up some.
  • josaleigh
    Options
    Just remember the foot is one of the most painful spots to tattoo. If you're good with that...then go for it!! Its a gorgeous design.
  • laurenlei
    Options
    Have it as a mini goal definitely - as someone who LOVES tattoos and has a few, it doesnt matter what anybody else thinks, you're the one who has to see it for the rest of your life! Personally i wouldnt get a tattoo which is just copied from someone else or from a picture, i would change ti slightly so its individual to me, but it is your choice, like i and a few others here have said, it going on your body! :)
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    lovely, AND it is a non-food related reward, even better :)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I'm also not a fan of tattoos in the slightest, but if it's what you want, get it.

Is it something you're going to want on your body in 40 years though? It does look like a tattoo that an 18 year old would have not a 60 year old IMHO though. Tattoo removal is painful and not cheap, so think long and hard and if it's what you want, get it.
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    Love the tattoo. Definitely set yourself a mini goal and go for it!
  • Cadenpet
    Options
    I am a fan of body mods. If you want it go for it. Also your artist might have some ideas you like as far as tweaking the design to make it uniquely yours.

Only thing about foot tattoos is they tend to need touching up more than other locations. But alot of my friends love their foot tattoos
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Whose tattoo is that? I personally don't think you should copy someone else's, and most respectable tattoo artists won't copy other people's work either. Why not find a decent artist who can design one especially for you?
  • xSophia19
    Options
    thankyou :)

Im not sure whose tattoo it is, some random person off google! I think i will take it down tattooist when im close to my mini goal and explain that i want this tattoo, but change it a slightly so its not exacty the same :) and see different ones he does and then i can chooose! thankyou =)
  • nikirushka
    Options
    Fantastic mini-goal! I have a similar one - I've had a tattoo in mind to run up my spine for years, but I won't get it till I'm at my goal weight (although I may regret that when there's less covering on my spine lol!).

Brilliant idea and good luck with it (and hope it's not too painful when you do get it) :)
  • wedjul05
    Options
    Mini goal definately. Lovely tattoo too.

I got one on my lower back when I reached my 1st goal. Wanted one for years and years so I finally did. Would still love one on my foot also.