Options
2»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Pretty much any cook book that has you preparing meals from scratch, whole ingredients and/or minimally processed foods stuffs is going to provide plenty of healthy meals. As calories go, you may need to alter some recipes to use less oil...and/or less sugar (though I can't think of anything I really cook that adds sugar), but yeah...for the most part if you're cooking from scratch, it's going to be pretty healthy.

I love to cook and have a whole book case full of cookbooks...I honestly don't use them much anymore and tend to just find awesome stuff on pinterest...

As books go, my two favorites are by Mark Bittman. "The Best Recipes in the World" and "How to Cook Everything." These are really great if you're interested in preparing a variety of cuisines from around the world. I'm also a big fan of Jamie Oliver and of course, there's my tried and true "Betty Crocker's Cookbook"...that was my first cookbook from my early 20's when I wanted to learn to cook to impress the ladies...and I was broke and couldn't take them out to nice restaurants.

Amazing how down to earth, and healthy Betty can be.

That's one of the ones my mom had, and the one I typically cooked from as a kid. I think of it as one of the most standard, easy American cookbooks, and indeed it's full of healthy meals and recipes.

This is another reason why I find the idea that you need special cookbooks for healthy or "clean eating" or what not to be mostly just a scam or at least a weird question (not referring to OP here). Pretty much any normal cookbook should do.

That said, I fully understand the joy of a new cookbook! I never cook from them directly anymore, but I love em.

Yup. When I was doing my diet make over Betty and Moosewood were my go-tos. Since I didn't know how to cook AT ALL then I used Betty for some pretty basic stuff. She never let me down!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    When I decided to really learn to cook in my late 20s Bittman and Moosewood were favorites. My mom used to give Betty to new graduates, and I often give Bittman.
  • orban1geci
    orban1geci Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had problem with meal prep and cooking in the past, going on a recipe hunt online just to make something to dinner.

Buying a cookbook that included a meal plan was seriously a lifesaver to me.

So if you are like me, and would like to simplify your diet, I recommend this cookbook reviewed here: https://tastyketo.com/keto-cookbook/

It comes loaded with features and free extras, besides the almost 400 delicious recipes.

Take a look!