Feeling very desperate

Options
Hi all,

I hate to be someone needy, but I feel very desperate right now. I had a horrible day at work, I am just grumpy in general, and I miss my husband (he is working in Washington). I had a horrible food day on top of it all and I am not going to the gym-becaue I feel terrible.

I have also not lost any weight. So I feel crappy about that. Ieems to be a big cycle for me. This seems to happen a lot. I feel terrible, don't want to go to the gym, go home instead and eat crappy food. Then I feel bad all ove again. Anyone have any suggestions? I just feel very lonely and sad:frown:

Replies

• mmackie
    mmackie Posts: 93
    Options
    Hi all,

I hate to be someone needy, but I feel very desperate right now. I had a horrible day at work, I am just grumpy in general, and I miss my husband (he is working in Washington). I had a horrible food day on top of it all and I am not going to the gym-becaue I feel terrible.

I have also not lost any weight. So I feel crappy about that. Ieems to be a big cycle for me. This seems to happen a lot. I feel terrible, don't want to go to the gym, go home instead and eat crappy food. Then I feel bad all ove again. Anyone have any suggestions? I just feel very lonely and sad:frown:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Do you feel physically sick terrible, or just mentally terrible?

If you're sick, by all means rest.
    If you're just in a bad place mentally, GO to the gym! Or your workout room! Or somewhere you can move! Exercise releases endorphins that can help improve your mood. It'll also solve your problem of feeling bad about the weight loss by moving you toward more fat loss.
    You can't let the scale number make or break your day. Get your body moving so you can see how dynamic and powerful it is. The human body is capable of incredible things.

Google Ussein Bolt, or Dean Karnaze, or any athlete you think is really incredible. These people break barriers, running faster and farther than anyone else. They don't make excuses when they just aren't 'into it'. Everyone has sad, lonely days. But you will feel stronger and in more control of your mind and emotions if you take charge now and decide how you WANT to feel.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I agree...go to the gym. It is a natural cure for the "downs".
    And I am like you so I know how you feel.....I am the first to find a "reason" not to go. And sometimes I just don't go....and I always regret it.
    When I draaagggg my butt there. I am so happy on the way home....maybe even call your husband on the way home and let him know your accomplishment!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    ditto hit the gym- you will feel better afterwards
  • tami1024
    tami1024 Posts: 26
    Options
    Going to the gym is the best thing you can do. Sounds as if food is your comfort. Step away from the bag of chips and the chocolate bar and hit the gym instead!!!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Yeah, when I drag my sorry butt when I realy don't want to, it seems to be the best days in terms of endurance (work out the blues or anger :tongue: ) and I feel better after. With that said, chin up, glad you reached out to us here, we're really all alot alike. I've gained, lost and been stagnant in the last three weeks, so I know how you feel. plus I see others doing so much betteer, but I try to retai my motivatio because I will only feel worse otherwise! :flowerforyou:
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    So I read your home page and you are going on a beach vacation this summer!!! Do a board! Cut out pictures that look like your destination and plaster them all over the board or your fridge or both! Add prewedding (pre 15 lb) pics and whenever you feel tempted not to do what will get you back on track, take a look at your artwork! I have done one with me in my skinny clothes. It was fun, it is a great reminder of where I will be once again, and it will take your mind off of being alone! Good luck, and really, you aren't alone, you have all of us!!!! :heart:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    So I read your home page and you are going on a beach vacation this summer!!! Do a board! Cut out pictures that look like your destination and plaster them all over the board or your fridge or both! Add prewedding (pre 15 lb) pics and whenever you feel tempted not to do what will get you back on track, take a look at your artwork! I have done one with me in my skinny clothes. It was fun, it is a great reminder of where I will be once again, and it will take your mind off of being alone! Good luck, and really, you aren't alone, you have all of us!!!! :heart:

good idea..................now I know what to do w/all my computer printouts of myself skinny but cry:tongue:
  • mmackie
    mmackie Posts: 93
    Options
    Thanks everyone-I always feel better when I read everyone's responses. This is the best place for motivation and support! You guys are great!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Weight loss...Here is what I keep in mind along the way.

Are you burning more calories complaining about losing weight or doing something about it?

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...
    How do you lose weight? One bite at a time...

Each day that you eat healthier, workout one more time, and praise yourself for good habits, you are slowly and carefully building a new you!

It took a year to put it on, expect a year to take it off.

Slow and steady wins the race.

You are building muscle, and trimming fat, it isn't always noticeable in one week.

Turn your negative into energy and drive.

Focus on your accomplishments not your wishaments.
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Try to put in perspective:
    You have a job....some people are out of work.
    You have a husband...even though you are alone right now, think of what you'll do when he returns
    You had crappy food.....at least you weren't having to finger through a dumpster for it.

I know that my response may be odd...but I try to put things into perspective. I can easily feel sorry for myself, for not having a significant other, a tiring job, and uncooperative joints. Sometimes being alone can be a time of self reflection. If your food choices weren't good today, then try tomorrow.

Don't beat yourself up....I do, believe me.....but I really try to think of the big picture and redirect my thoughts. It is SO difficult! With food, it can be like a hostage negotiation. Your cravings are demanding things....while your mind is trying to be strong. But keep in mind, YOU ARE STRONG. You CAN! You WILL get through it. I have had many setbacks over the years, but the fight keeps fighting....and you too, are capable. I felt dizzy all day, finished work and still headed to the gym. Even though I felt like passing out and quitting, I stayed the course and in fact, I felt better than when I got there!

150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary