Back to Basics

Options
Hi! My name is Londa and I just joined My Fitness Pal. I have lost 86 pounds in 2011 through diet changes and exercise. The first few months I tracked everything in a little notebook and kept myself stressed out about finding all the nutrition information and weighing everything exactly. Once I lost 60 pounds, I stopped tracking and used what I had learned from that experience to keep my weight loss going. That seemed to work pretty well the last couple of months. However, I weighed in yesterday and for the first time in 33 weeks of weigh ins, I gained weight. 1.2 pounds to be exact. I was bummed out and feeling blue. I spent some time analyzing what could have caused the gain and I believe I had become complacent to some extent and not paying as much attention as I should to portions and snacking. I decided to I would go back to tracking for the month of September and I had heard of My Fitness Pal and decided to give it a try. I have 5 weeks until my birthday and I would love to lose 14 pounds so I can be at 100 pounds lost by then. It is a big goal and even if I just come close to it I will be happy. So, here's a toast to getting back to basics and following a plan.
Any words of advice or wisdom to help with using My Fitness Pal would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Replies

• Manapaws
    Manapaws Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work. losing 14 lbs in 5 weeks. It can be done. Go for it. MFP is such a great tool to use.

YOU CAN DO IT, STAY FOCUSED ON YOUR GOAL.
  • ali_burns
    Options
    Well Done on you weight loss so far. Addthe app to your phone and you have no reason not to fill in your food diary.
  • LTester75
    Options
    Thanks guys! I really like My Fitness Pal so far. I think this tool will help me stay accountable. I have a little boy that I want to be able to run aroung and play with so I need to do this for him and for me.
    Good luck to you as well.