Keto diet

Options
Any success stories on keto diet? How do you maintain during and afterwards?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is the first step. Simply find a way to take in fewer calories than your current maintenance calories on a consistent basis. Keto helps some people do that.

After you get to goal weight a smaller you will require somewhat fewer calories to maintain....forever. Does keto teach you new habits that help you do that? Will you move from a very low carb diet while losing weight to a low carb diet forever? If you have medical issues with regards to carbohydrates you will have more incentive to eat low carb forever. Either way, have a plan before you get to goal.

Another approach to dieting is asking yourself what am I willing to change forever. Because weight loss always comes down to taking in fewer calories, some people opt for an "all things in moderation" approach.
  • jnowakjane
    jnowakjane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, keto diet is one of the best options for fast weight loss. It's simply because of the ketosis, it's just how our body works. But I don't think that it's too easy to get the weight down. You'll have to be strict about your daily diet and change your mindset a bit. The keto diet can help you a lot. Fist of all - it's easier to eat healthier, because you need to follow some rules there. Second, it'll teach you some kind of self-control. Despite the fact that when the body is in ketosis, it actually loses much faster and it shouldn't do anything bad in your body if you are a healthy individual (I asked university professor about this)
    I heard tons of stories where people lost weight thanks to keto diet plus some of my friends are living keto life even if they don't need to lose weight - it just suits them better.
    Some articles I found interesting about it:
    dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto
    insider.com/what-is-keto-diet
    www.healtheuropa.eu/keto-diet
    zivotavyziva.cz/keto-dieta
  • LJRS2019
    LJRS2019 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    jnowakjane wrote: »
    In my opinion, keto diet is one of the best options for fast weight loss. It's simply because of the ketosis, it's just how our body works. But I don't think that it's too easy to get the weight down. You'll have to be strict about your daily diet and change your mindset a bit. The keto diet can help you a lot. Fist of all - it's easier to eat healthier, because you need to follow some rules there. Second, it'll teach you some kind of self-control. Despite the fact that when the body is in ketosis, it actually loses much faster and it shouldn't do anything bad in your body if you are a healthy individual (I asked university professor about this)
    I heard tons of stories where people lost weight thanks to keto diet plus some of my friends are living keto life even if they don't need to lose weight - it just suits them better.
    Some articles I found interesting about it:
    dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto
    insider.com/what-is-keto-diet
    www.healtheuropa.eu/keto-diet
    zivotavyziva.cz/keto-dieta

It is actually quite hard for your body to get into ketosis. What is probably happening is that the lower amount of carbs is creating a calorie deficit which is creating a weightloss... and a water loss too.
  • LJRS2019
    LJRS2019 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What i find inspirational is people who struggle to create a calorie deficit think that they can get there body into ketosis...