Looking for Lady Pals 5'3 needing to lose 75 pounds

Hello! My name is Perla and I have been a member of MyFitnessPal since 2013 and I managed to lose 55 pounds, and life happened and I am sad to say that I gained all of it plus 1 pound but motivated to get back on track going back to the basics, if I did it once I am confident I can do it again. My current weight it's 220.6 and I am 5'3.....I am looking for some ladies on the same path as me so we can keep each other motivated! =)

Replies

• dlong54
    dlong54 Posts: 1 Member
    I would like to give this a try. You and I are about the same size I am a inch shorter and from your picture a lot older. But my blood suger is getting higher and I really need to do something about it. I have always been heavy. We can motivate each other. I am Darlene
  • PerlaRubi2013
    PerlaRubi2013 Posts: 110 Member
    @dlong54 Hi Darlene! We can definitely do this!!! One day at a time!!
  • jacquelinecanton77
    jacquelinecanton77 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Perla!
    My name is Jacqueline and I’d like to join you on this one if it’s still okay. I’m also 5’3” and have about 70 lbs to lose.
    I’m brand new to MFP- just joined on Saturday!
  • Andia15
    Andia15 Posts: 104 Member
    5ft 1 here and needing to lose 20lbs
  • Leigha6903
    Leigha6903 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I’ve just joined this morning- I’m 5ft 3 and 196lbs so need to lose at least 70lbs I guess. I’m in the UK so we have stones here for some reason - I need to lose about 5 or 6 stones which works out about 70lbs.
    I gained all my weight when I quit smoking and I still can’t believe I gained so much weight before I even noticed!
  • RosieRosie1975
    RosieRosie1975 Posts: 82 Member
    Hi I’m the same as Perla and dlong. 5.2 though. What shall we do...log in once a day as I’m new to this.
  • PerlaRubi2013
    Hi Perla!
    My name is Jacqueline and I’d like to join you on this one if it’s still okay. I’m also 5’3” and have about 70 lbs to lose.
    I’m brand new to MFP- just joined on Saturday!

Yes!!!! Let’s do this! Even though I have been a member since 2013 I just started logging again on Monday!! So let’s do this! What’s your goal weight?
  • PerlaRubi2013
    Andia15 wrote: »
    5ft 1 here and needing to lose 20lbs

Let’s do it!!!

• PerlaRubi2013
    orionsmelt wrote: »
    Hi I’ve just joined this morning- I’m 5ft 3 and 196lbs so need to lose at least 70lbs I guess. I’m in the UK so we have stones here for some reason - I need to lose about 5 or 6 stones which works out about 70lbs.
    I gained all my weight when I quit smoking and I still can’t believe I gained so much weight before I even noticed!

Together we can motivate each other!! I know this works just take it one day at a time! 😊
  • PerlaRubi2013
    Hi I’m the same as Perla and dlong. 5.2 though. What shall we do...log in once a day as I’m new to this.

Yes log everything you eat and then you start modifying in order to meet your daily calorie goal! It works, just take it one day at a time! You can make your recipes and divided for how many servings, this app it’s just amazing ❤️
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Hello lovely ladies!!! You all can definitely do this! Let's take this one day at a time and support one another <3
  • npomaha
    npomaha Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Perla! My story is similar to yours. In 2012 I lost 55 pounds. I did not reach my goal but I was looking and feeling good. I kept the weight of for a couple of years but slowly gained it all back. I am 5’2” and weigh 203 lbs. I am looking at Noom, but it seems silly to do that when all my info and recipes, etc., are here, and I know this is a really good app. My issues are getting and staying motivated so I do much better in a group. Can I join you?
  • DanielleMackay2015
    DanielleMackay2015 Posts: 30 Member
    Hey! Can add me, I’ve had the opposite problem but do have good work outs that can help tone?
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    I’m 5’2 and need to lose 80 pounds

Older also, I’ll be 50 this year! We’re mostly stuck at home right now, so my husband and I are taking 45 minute excercise walks M - F. That helps.
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Do we want to start a group? My timeline is covered with ads.
  • thenancymarie2020
    thenancymarie2020 Posts: 4 Member
    @PerlaRubi2013 Let’s do this! We’re same height and within same weight range striving for healthier lifestyles. I’m rootin’ you on😃

• mommyandwife12
    mommyandwife12 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello although I am 5'6 I would still like accountability partners. I am looking to lose 20 pounds. I am routing for you girl You Got This!
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    I'm in. 65 yrs. 5'3" now about 171 lbs.
    I will check in on Monday's.
  • nikkihumble15
    nikkihumble15 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m a little taller but have 60lbs to lose!
  • StevieBert
    StevieBert Posts: 6 Member
    Any & all of you are welcome to add me as well. I’m 5-1 & started at 205 lbs two weeks ago, now I’m 201.6 lbs with a goal of loosing a total of 80-85 lbs. Please feel free to friend me.