Good indoor cycling bikes??

Options
Since there’s no gyms, I’m in the process of shopping for a indoor cycling bike? Any recommendations, or bikes that some of you may use that you enjoy. Also ones to stay away from

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    If it were me (and I realize it's not, so I apologize if this isn't helpful)...

I'd check craigstlist and reach out to local used dealers and see what was available. I'd then research those models and go from there... let availability be your initial filter rather than internet suggestions.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You would probably get different answers from people with different goals.....
    Serious cyclists, Spinning enthusiasts or those just looking for general fitness for example.

What group would you fall in?

Personally if I was unable to cycle outdoors (my #1 choice) I would buy a smart trainer set up to attach to one of my many (!) bikes or something like a WattbikePro or Atom. A power meter would be a must for me.

If I was into Spinning type workouts I would shop for a used commercial/gym quality Spinning bike.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Ditto... I'd be joining my fair-weather-roadie buddies on Zwift if I decided to spend some money and ride indoors. (instead, the fat bike saw major mostly-solo use until the weather improved.. And then more use again recently. . F*ing April).

I was eyeing the Kickr core for a while this fall (I couldn't lift my dominant arm away from my side in September and October after breaking my clavicle end of August).
  • jkmalte
    jkmalte Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    BinaDOS wrote: »
    Since there’s no gyms, I’m in the process of shopping for a indoor cycling bike? Any recommendations, or bikes that some of you may use that you enjoy. Also ones to stay away from
    I love Peloton! Highly recommend though they are understandably back logged right now on orders...

• SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My Keiser M3 has been faultless. Built to last. If I was in the market I would look at the Concept erg bike, looks like that will last forever.