Sushi- how many servings is this?

Options
qsl9lc4x3juf.jpg

How many servings is this? Not one like the label says...

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'd guess a serving would be 2 pieces.
    The label doesn't specify?
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    I'd guess a serving would be 2 pieces.
    The label doesn't specify?

Label does not specify. If that's for 2 pieces I'm screwed.
  • harper16
    Options
    That honestly might be the calories for the entire container if they didn't list a serving size.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I would assume it means the whole package is 310.
  • Stellamom2018
    Options

That would be my hope but it just seems like a lot. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    My guess would be 1/3 I'd say the whole thing is close to 800-1000 cals
  • L1zardQueen
    Options

That would be my hope but it just seems like a lot. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Were the slices thin? To me, I have had a few sushi meals(lol), it looks two servings. It is hard to tell with a photo.
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Their site has nutrition info.

https://www.sushikabar.com/our-food

Says a 'serving' is 216g, there is 1 'serving' in a container and it contains 310 calories.
  • Stellamom2018
    Options
    freda78 wrote: »
    Their site has nutrition info.

https://www.sushikabar.com/our-food

Says a 'serving' is 216g, there is 1 'serving' in a container and it contains 310 calories.

Why I didn't Google it, I won't ever know. Thank you!! Eat all the sushi!!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    FYI, most sushi rolls, especially those that are sauced, are calorie bombs.

1 cup of cooked rice is about 200 cals. There's at least 1 cup of rice in there plus the tuna, what looks like avocado, the sauce (which is usually mayo based) and whatever else is in there.

Don"t know exactly how many cals for all of it but it's definitely over 310.

One Net source estimated 6 pieces of a Volacno roll at 430 and another source says at 388 for 4 pieces or 592 for 6.

There are 15 pieces on the tray, so if its an ave of 500 per 6 pieces, my guess is 1250 cals for the entire tray.

It all depends on what exactly in this roll and how large it was to begin with but 1000-1250 cals probably would not be far off the mark.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    That's about right for 1 serving. It has a cup of cooked rice and a little dressing and nothing else has any calories.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    That's about right for 1 serving. It has a cup of cooked rice and a little dressing and nothing else has any calories.

I see avocado. Very calorie dense
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

But according to the website the whole box only weighs 216g so even if a quarter of that was avocado, it would only be 80 calories. Tuna is 96 calories for 100g and cooked rice is 130 for 100g so it is easy to account for the pack being 310 as stated on the packaging.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options

But according to the website the whole box only weighs 216g so even if a quarter of that was avocado, it would only be 80 calories. Tuna is 96 calories for 100g and cooked rice is 130 for 100g so it is easy to account for the pack being 310 as stated on the packaging.

Was it weighed though?
  • sardelsa
    Options

That looks like a lot for only 310 cals, I feel like that would be almost too good to be true... Unless of course the box is the size of a palm. I am also a huge overestimator so what do I know :D
  • Stellamom2018
    Options
    I ate it all and logged it as 2.5 servings. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • harper16
    Options

I've never eaten sushi. How was it?
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's probably right. A serving of sushi is usually 6 pieces (1 roll).
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options

Yeah that seems really dubious. We have sushi here thats 800 calories for a 6 piece box. Looks like similar sized rolls to what you have there, or maybe slightly bigger. And they aren't covered in a dressing like that.

Sushi is so good, and so deceptive!

Next time you get one, you need to weigh it!
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Sushi is around 1.2 calories per gram, even with the avocado. Look it up. So, its about 8oz. Look at the index card in the photo. Lots of pieces, not so big.

No way in the world it is 2.5 servings of 310 calories, divided by 1.2 or 645 grams (a pound and a half of sushi - haha).