Self-Care - what did you do today?

I’m really stressed out with being in a pandemic and all. for the past two years I’ve been really stressed out about climate change and then -blammo- pandemic. Which is funny in a dark humor sort of way.

Anyhoo, I’m trying to keep my anxiety manageable, but in healthy ways.

Today I, did 3.25 solid hours of work from home, which included learning a new skill to get something done for work.

Decided to get an Excel certification, which will have to be expert at then end for the skills I need. I am essentially a beginner, so I have a long ways to go. I spent ahold 1/2 hour on that.

I read War and Peace for about half an hour. I’m participating in an online book club and figure - why not, it’s probably the only time I’ll do it.

I took a walk with my husband and did my core routine (excercise, exercise, exercise!) it’s good for the mood.

Took a nap and took a shower. Now I’m having tea and going to bed early!

Replies

• shetland
    shetland Posts: 55 Member
    My self care involved bringing joy to someone else. My daughter's coach had a big birthday today and the entire team coordinated to show up in our cars and do a drive by her house. It was great excuse to get dressed in nice clothes and the look on her face when we showed up honking on her street was priceless. It felt good to be outside and around people, even though we were still in our cars.
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    shetland wrote: »
    My self care involved bringing joy to someone else. My daughter's coach had a big birthday today and the entire team coordinated to show up in our cars and do a drive by her house. It was great excuse to get dressed in nice clothes and the look on her face when we showed up honking on her street was priceless. It felt good to be outside and around people, even though we were still in our cars.

That sounds like a great time and heartwarming for your daughter’s coach. I know coaches and teachers miss “their kids.”

• Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Today for self-care:

I made a mail run to work at 7am. I was in and out in 1/2 hour. There was one other person in the building and I didn’t see him. I work at a school in the accounting department, so i have some work even though we are all doing e-learning.

I went for a walk with my husband.
    I did my upper body workout.

It’s Friday after work, so I am going to relax with some wine, then clean up a trouble spot in the house.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Love this thread! Today I got in a workout, a walk outside, updated my website and listened to some podcasts. Nothing big. Looking forward to a nice weekend. Weather is supposed to be superb.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    I ate all the things. I'm calling it a "refeed" and tracked everything accordingly. If nothing else, getting my bike from the shop tomorrow means I'm carbed up for cycling a good 2 hours along the waterfront.
  • GeminiLady159
    GeminiLady159 Posts: 120 Member
    Slept in! I’ve had major insomnia during this, and last night took a Benadryl and was finally able to SLEEP (and sleep late) on this rainy Saturday. Feeling the self love.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,112 Member
    I went out for a walk and discovered what a beautiful day it was. Great to get my legs moving! Bought some healthy food and a new face moisturizer.
  • Mandylou19912014
    Mandylou19912014 Posts: 208 Member
    Self care is so important in times like this! For me I start the morning with simply making my bed, opening up the blinds and getting dressed (instead of being in pjs all day) I feel like this really starts me off on a positive note! Then I’ll do an hours walk each evening or 30 mins of jogging (lots of stopping as I hate running) .. trying to make sure I eat lots of healthy low fat foods and count my calories each day (stick to around 1,300) .. it’s hard times right now :(
  • SteelyGams
    SteelyGams Posts: 14 Member
    I've been racing to meet an unreasonable deadline at work this week, and have been burning the candle at both ends to get the project done. I'm still up early to get started, but instead of coffee and immediate boot up I headed for the bathroom and took a long luxurious shower. I even moisturized after!

It's amazing how taking that little bit of time to self care can make me feel sooooo much better.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    I’ve switched off my work laptop and am catching some rays in the garden. Feels good to have a bit of sun. I also feel lucky to have a garden.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    20 minute restorative yoga.
  • Pokemom33
    Pokemom33 Posts: 46 Member
    My self care was getting out for a walk, i have been struggling with my mental state lately and this helped a great bit I even went out for a second walk.