Blood Sugar?

Options
Okay so lately if I miss a meal, and I'm talking by like ten minutes (nothing major) I get this wierd shuttery feeling and a fluttering in my chest. I have anxiety issues and it feel the same as that, but I'm not stressing about it, so I don't think it is a panic attack. I really wonder if it's my blood sugar dipping and if anyone else out there has the same issue?

Replies

• birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic...Sounds like your blood sugar to me...
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to speculate what it could be - but I recommend you see your doctor soon about it.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    try to work on devising a plan that will keep your blood sugars from dipping---what I do is keep my carbs low and I eat every 2-3 hours. Good luck!
  • missgreen74_2003
    missgreen74_2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have hypogycemia, which is low blood sugar and if you eat little meals often you won't get low. When my blood sugar gets low, I get really mean and I have the worse headache in the history of the world, and If iignore those worning signs then I get all clamy feeling and feel like i'm going to vomit and pass out. Thats just my personal experience though... It takes a while for this to happen, and not just 10 min. Are you sure its not anxiety? Either way I would check with your doc. Good luck I hope you find the answer, sorry I wasn't more help
  • becca92562
    becca92562 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had problems like that when I was eating unhealthy. Fluttery chest, rapid heart rate, shaky hand, and would start to feel almost panicked. Several weeks of eating right and all the symtoms went away although I do still have to eat every couple of hours. Maybe something you are eating is higher in sugar than normal for you? My Dr told me it is normally the rapid falling of your blood sugar not how low it is that makes up feel that way
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Since I started eating every few hours, I find myself getting shaky or a headache when i wait to long to have a small snack. I also notice that if I overload on carbs, my sugar gets really outta whack for a few days. This eating healthy thing is like a gift and a curse, you can't really go back to what you did before w/out feeling like hell. Sometimes, all i need to eat as a small blood sugar snack is a handful (15) almonds and I am G2G for another 2 hours until lunch.
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I do. I have to eat every 3 hours or so (or less) just to avoid that feeling. You might want to do a blood test through your doctor to determine what exactly is wrong and then they can help you plan out a course that is best for you. For me it is eating ALL THE TIME. I also have to couple whole grain carbs (fiber) with protein. Getting enough protein is key for me. Also, avoid snacking on stuff like candy, cookies, etc.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Definitely something to get checked out. Your doctor can do an A1c test and get an idea of your blood sugar history for the last few months.
  • crazymom427
    Options
    Cab be reactive hypoglycemia. Try to eat small snacks.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to speculate what it could be - but I recommend you see your doctor soon about it.

Don't worry I definately will be seeing the doctor soon about it. I am just trying to see what it could be first. And possibly some remedies for it.