Help, I keep eating under 1200 calories

2»

Replies

• Luv_orange
    Luv_orange Posts: 17 Member
    I personally stop eating when I'm full. Typically a high protein snack or 2 then an actual meal for dinner.
    Some days I don't even hit 1000Kcal. On my most active days,I eat more, rarely go over 1500 Kcal. I don't count calories,but I just sorta know. I also work out sometimes, fasted cardio can be rough,but its empowering
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    @milall do you need to eat 1200 cals? If you want to lose weight then you need to be in a calorie deficit. IF just gives you a narrower window in which to eat those cals. As long as you're not losing weight too fast (more than 2lbs a week or so), then you're ok. The diet is not going to work if you're not in a calorie deficit.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Buff_Man wrote: »
    @milall do you need to eat 1200 cals? If you want to lose weight then you need to be in a calorie deficit. IF just gives you a narrower window in which to eat those cals. As long as you're not losing weight too fast (more than 2lbs a week or so), then you're ok. The diet is not going to work if you're not in a calorie deficit.

She only wants to lose 5 kg (11 pounds), so 2 pounds per week would be way too fast for her.

Yep so 2lbs a week would be the upper limit
  • ehenriques
    ehenriques Posts: 1 Member
    1200 calories is a generic, one size fits all recommendation that does NOT take into account a lifestyle that includes IF. I was quite surprised when I saw that they almost want to force you to log a certain number of calories per day on here. So many people just have a deep misunderstanding of fasting. If it has helped your insulin response it’s clearly doing you good, not harm. If you feel more comfortable reaching at least 1200 calories in a day, I agree with what some have suggested to eat some calorie And nutrient dense foods. Don’t skip out on good fat! Low fat starves your brain. I usually break my daily 20 hr fast with two deviled eggs using avocado instead of mayonnaise. Do what makes your body feel good, don’t force yourself because of some generic recommendation.
  • tashikasindhar7
    tashikasindhar7 Posts: 3 Member
    Here I am ....I start eating and my goal of 1200 finishes before my tummy can even feel it 😑🤔😭
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    To those who have problems hitting their calories:
    - How did you eat before dieting? That should give you ideas of things to re-introduce to help you hit calories.
    - How much have you lost in the last 2-3 weeks? If it's a reasonable amount, then you're probably eating more than you think. Logging, especially on MFP, has a steep learning curve.
    - A standard candy bar has 200-250 calories on average and most people are capable of eating that on top of their usual foods. There are plenty of foods that have a similar calorie density if you're not into candy bars and should be just as easy to introduce.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,585 Member
    edited April 2020
    If you do IF (and you do some exercise) and you lose weight and you control your <insert controlled>
    If you do keto (and you do some exercise) and you lose weight and you control your <insert controlled>
    If you do whole 30 (and you do some exercise) and you lose weight and you control your <insert controlled>
    If you do rub my belly in circles (and you do some exercise) and you lose weight and you control your <insert controlled>

How do you **KNOW** that you controlled your <insert controlled> for a reason that was not "and you lose weight"???

Please note that I don't know that you didn't. MAYBE YOU DID. But how do you KNOW?

There are TWO variables that changed. Maybe you "also do some exercise". That would be THREE variables.

How do you ACTUALLY KNOW which variable or combination caused your remission from <insert controlled>?

As for 1200 in one sitting? Go to a restaurant. Order a single menu item (works for take out orders too). Eat it. Done.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Peanut Butter. 😍