Salad Sinners? Best types?

Options
My cord of my very first salad spinner just broke.
What is the best type to get? Tell me about yours. How it works. How long you've had it?. Brand? Size that you like?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I've never had one. I just kind of beat it against a towel, lol.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Oooo, I just have a hand spinning one. It works and I'm grateful for the salad.

6da6bh4pf584.png

Thank you. Never get a cord. Dumb idea!
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    LOL. yeah, I thought this was going to be about some kind of new dressing that was sinfully delicious but miraculously low in calorie.

I have a similar salad spinner as the one pictured above. I've had it for probably close to 10 years now. It's probably oxo or kitchenaid or something similar.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

6da6bh4pf584.png

I have one of those too. Costs an arm and a leg over here but I had a special deal so grabbed it. It's awesome.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

6da6bh4pf584.png

I have this one too. It’s great! It comes in 2 sizes. My daughter has the small one. Oxo has great kitchen gadgets. Their gadgets often win on America’s Test Kitchens testing segments.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Put your salad leaves in a clean tea towel pull the edges together and spin your arm around in large circles. Not only does dry your salad but you will burn a couple of extra calories doing it. :)
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    This makes me miss the spinner I had for a long, long time. I keep meaning to get one but forget at the store--and now, I'm not at the right kind of store anymore b/c our grocery store doesn't sell them.

Was also hoping for something a little juicier, given the topic title--but I figured it was probably just a type :)
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Sorry it wasn't juicy and sinful enough for you but I couldn't figure out how to change it to spinners. Fresh lettuce is so much better than buying it a bag. And fresh produce makes me feel better during this coronavirus so thank you for telling me which brands and types you like!
    Stay safe ya'all.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    sooo glad you ask this question, had no clue there was such a thing!! been using paper towels every day to soak up the water.. went and looked up the oxo spinner show here and now have a large one on the way, no more wasting paper towels!!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    My cord of my very first salad spinner just broke.
    What is the best type to get? Tell me about yours. How it works. How long you've had it?. Brand? Size that you like?

Looks like a spelling error in your title.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    I have one I bought in 1990...true story.

No crank or cord, just a little hand hold thingy on top to manually spin it.

I think if I were buying one today, it would have to be completely plastic, and I'd need to be able to disassemble the whote thing piece by piece to soak in soapy water. Cootie-free, ya know? Mine is like that, but it's completely by accident that I bought that one. I bought it at https://www.uwajimaya.com/stores/seattle - it's an Asian market.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I thought they were an 80s thing
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Oxo one. Works great