Sri Lankan food?

Options
Hi, I've been enjoying some Sri Lankan dishes but really struggling to get some reliable nutritional information.
Particularly egg hoppers - so so good with a little chicken curry. But i can only find two web sites that give any nutritional info. One says that 1 egg hopper is 95.7 calories. The other says 515 calories!
A bit of a difference.
Does anyone have any accurate info?
Thanks

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I would look online for recipes that sound close to what you have been eating and using the recipe builder.
  • melodyvegan
    melodyvegan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    When I make hoppers (no egg) at home the recipe is usually about 100-130 calories per hopper. Since hoppers are a pretty simple food with few ingredients I'd go with that for the hopper itself. Usually an egg hopper has just one egg so that's easy to calculate (about 80 cals). The stuff that'll get you is the coconut milk in the hopper which is very caloric because of the fat. The more coconutty the hopper is, the more calories. If the hopper is particularly oily, that's a sign that calories are higher.

I'd say one egg hopper is anywhere from 200-300 calories. Maybe pick a number between that and if you eat them frequently enough, see what happens on the scale over the course of a 3 or 4 weeks.