Where's my QUARANTEAM at?!

Hello! What a crazy time to be alive?!

I have been MIA for a long time, but am back! I haven't stopped my fitness journey or eating healthfully. But I'd like to start tracking my food to help achieve some new fitness goals. I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe during these strange times! :)

I'd love to have some new friends and supporters to build a positive environment. Let's support one another! <3

As a child I was overweight. At my heaviest I weighed 220lbs at the age of 21. I decided I wanted to get healthy and made small changes in my life.
I started by walking and eating more vegetables and protein. My life has completely changed since then.
From walking, I started running (which I still hate), I prefer sprints. From never touching weights, I went to powerlifting and now love weight lifting. From craving sugar, I went to craving heathy carbs, proteins, and fats.

Some facts about me:
~I believe that health is an investment, not an expense.
~I strive to be my healthiest self, both physically and mentally, every day. I use to work out and eat healthy because I had to, but now it's just apart of my everyday life.
~ I believe it is important to take care of ourselves. Whether that be: running, yoga, swimming, weight lifting, dancing and eating balanced meals meals.
~I am a 5th grade teacher
~I'm married to the most supportive man <3
~I am plant based/vegan

Replies

• MegABCrunning
    MegABCrunning Posts: 31 Member
    Oh me gee girl! I’m loving this! I’m a vegetarian! Not full vegan yet but I will get there!! I’m all about a healthy lifestyle to be the best ME! Friend request on the way!
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Oh me gee girl! I’m loving this! I’m a vegetarian! Not full vegan yet but I will get there!! I’m all about a healthy lifestyle to be the best ME! Friend request on the way!

Woohoo! Let's support one another! :)
  • jenpettipas
    jenpettipas Posts: 37 Member
    You're already a motivation! I need support too, I've been off the wagon for too long.
  • paulawriteslove
    You're already a motivation! I need support too, I've been off the wagon for too long.

I feel you! Let's motivate one another! :)
  • paulawriteslove
    I hope everyone is staying safe!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    added you 😊
  • paulawriteslove
    roz0810 wrote: »
    added you 😊

Awesome! Let's support one another! :)
  • doubleplay_643
    doubleplay_643 Posts: 152 Member
    Gaining weight while being quarantined. I could really use some motivating friends to help me get back on track and also some home workout ideas. Please add me!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'm mostly working out in my Zen room at home: cardio, some body weight, dumbbells, step, treadmill walks during some virtual meetings...and then trying to get out when I can for short walks around my property. I used to enjoy running at the park, but they closed. It should reopen Monday, but masks are required. Not sure if running will be enjoyable as it's getting hot outside and a mask might be too smothering.
  • Rouleur67
    Rouleur67 Posts: 44 Member
    Missing gettin out on my bike but getting ‘quality time’ with the kids 😂😂😂 (Xbox binges!). Looks like you’re getting a team together- feel free to add me if there’s room a biker who’s not biking!
  • paulawriteslove
    I’ve made my garage into my home gym. My husband has decided that after all this is over we are going to quit our gym and continue to add to our home gym and made it our new iron paradise!