Adjusting Calories

Options
Just another newbie with questions!
What happens when you loose weight? Does the calories automatically adjust to your new weight or do you need to go back in and change something? Thanks for any and all help. :happy:

Replies

• midnight8
    Options
    I'm pretty sure when u adjust ur weight it takes care of the calorie thing for u :)
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I actually asked a pt on another webforum about this but he said that the difference is so small its nothing an amaetur should have to worry about. If you hit a plateu, and dont loose weight for say two three weeks, then maybe you should have a look at your calorie intake, but as you loose weight and also maybe gain muscle, your metabolism gets higher and the fact that you loose weight does not effect your calorie intake since muscles need more energy.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I think you have to adjust. I got a message a couple of weeks ago saying that I had not adjusted my goals in over 10 pounds and that I needed to do so.
  • carymi30
    Options
    ok? I guess I will have to wait. Im down only 8 lbs right now so maybe it will change if not then I will have to determine what to do based on if Im still loosing..Thanks all :happy: