PTSD

Options
Hi so I didn’t realize how real PTSD is. Reading how much I relate to everything and I really do have it is devastating just as much as 2019 was. Gained 30 lbs in less than 6 months. Could really use the help and motivation. I deserve to be happy and “love the skin I’m in”

Replies

• m5552018
    m5552018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m so sorry to hear about that. Though I do not have experience with this, I just want you to know you are worth it! And you are worth happiness and peace 💕 exercise can be a phenomenal mental help
  • MegABCrunning
    MegABCrunning Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Friend request coming!
  • ludatrishh
    ludatrishh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much! I’ve had this app for a long time but I’m new on how this community part of the app works! So if I mess up bare with me!
    I love the support I see on this! I am definitely going to be keeping up with it. I’m thinking that I should keep posting in this discussion just in case any person out there also needs it! When I posted this, I was having a sad/over-eating my emotions/hating myself/feeling alone type of day. Those days come and that is okay!! I am more conscious about not letting my emotions control me. I’m ready to kick butt on feeling hot about myself bc I deserve it! Covid-19 isolation can be very difficult on people with any sort of mental illness. I hope maybe this will help to not feel alone while also boosting ourselves up :)
  • ludatrishh
    ludatrishh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Starting today by deleting the holy trinity of social media (Insta, FB, Twitter). They’re unnecessary distractions and just made me feel worse after. They’re addictive but I’m positive that I’ll be just fine without. The past week I’ve been staying active, medatating, staying away from processed food and I took out all drinks except coffee and water! Hoping this commitment will get me to my goal by the end of June♥️ lots of “spiritual work” going on right now, which I think is really great for overcoming enormous mental blocks. Living healthy plays such a big role in feeling better.
  • writermindi
    writermindi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I have PTSD from medical trauma, plus the pounds came with bed rest, medication and some disability to be as active as I was before. You’re not alone!