Summer in Oregon

summergirl76
summergirl76 Posts: 3
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I've been "on' myfitnesspal for quite some time, but stopped logging and such for a few months. I did the hcg diet last summer and lost weight that I'd been trying to lose for years and now I'm focusing on health and maintenance. For the first time in my life, I want to eat healthier and set a good example for my kids.

I am a mom of 3 and work full time for a busy oral surgery practice. I have found that I MUST plan ahead, or I don't do well. I spent some time the other night prepping meals. I'm trying to follow the Body For Life eating plan, and also really like the Eat Clean Diet (Though I don't look at these as a diet, just more a way of eating that I'm training my body to get used to!)

I look forward to checking in with you all. I am part of a support forum on FB that was started while a bunch of us were doing hcg, and I still check in daily with them and find that even ONE DAY of not checking in makes me feel less likely to follow the plan and I start to get off course!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Welcome!

My mantra is "fail to plan, and you plan to fail."

Good job!
  • What part of Oregon are you from? I grew up between Portland and Salem :)
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Welcome! I grew up in Astoria and also lived in Corvallis and Salem, myself. I miss it so much!
  • I am from the Hood River area (I actually lived in a little community called "Mt. hood"). But I currently live in Oregon City!
  • I grew up near Hubbard, out in the boonies :) My high school cross country coach lived/lives? in Oregon City. A few high school friends live in Canby now. Miss all the green and being so close to the beach!
This discussion has been closed.