Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I found you! Lucky Me!!!

Feels like everyone is looking for connection right now... including ME!!! I didn’t even know this community existed until I started poking around this morning. So HI! Let me introduce myself (and completely honestly I would LOVE to hear about you too!!!). I’m Liz and I gained 100 pounds having kids. I gave birth to 3 girls and miscarried 5 boys over a period of 10 years (about 25-35). Afterwards I joined WW to get it off because that’s what everyone does. But it didn’t work. I just fluctuated you and down about 20-30 pounds annually. However their human team of support on connect was AMAZING so I stayed with them for about 6 years. In December I decided to stop that and go see a local trainer. She had a reputation for being tough but I decided to be fearless. She wasn’t as bad as I anticipated but forced me into a consistent pattern AND made me submit my food & water intake log. I am down 60 pounds from my highest weight. I tried adding a picture below so hope it worked!!! Please stop by and say hi. I’d love to meet you all!! - Liz itt6cln91oa7.jpeg

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Your pictures tell a great story. Well done!

I am just over my second year of weight loss and it has amounted to a substantial and life-changing amount of pounds gone. I am about 20 or so pounds away from entering a "goal watch" phase. As an adult I have never weighed an appropriate amount so I do not know what my goal weight will be until I see it happen.
  • fitdesertgirl
    fitdesertgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Hi!!! I don’t exactly know what my goal weight will be either but I have a number in “mind”. Nice to meet you though!!!
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 276 Member
    Well done on your weight loss !
    This is my 2th year with MFP, I lost 22 lb last year.Now, I'm only 10 lb heavier than when I was 20. It's important that I log my foods. I would rather lose weight than gain weight again.I do exercise by walking with my family and our 3 dogs every day.🚶🏽‍♀️🐕‍🦺🐩🚶🏽‍♂️ 🚶🏽‍♂️🐕‍🦺
  • fitdesertgirl
    Way to go!!! So nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping to write and tell me your story.
  • copernicus0001
    copernicus0001 Posts: 13 Member
    Hello Liz -
    I am very impressed and find motivation from what you have written. Thank you so much for sharing your story and success!
    Doug
  • fitdesertgirl
    Thank you for taking the time to write to me Doug! Hope your health journey is going well.
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Good morning! Your post is so inspirational and motivating! Keep up the amazing work! And I am definitely adding you :)
  • fitdesertgirl
    Aww thanks friend!!!