How long did take you to notice?

Options
I like to know how did you or every one noticed you lost weight w/out the scale. Like How many pounds lost for you to noticed your body changed? What is the first thing you noticed on your bod that lost?

Replies

• Carrie704
    Options
    ive lost 10 and no one has noticed. dont let it discourage you (since it was discouraging for me). sometimes they do notice but cant bring themselves to compliment you since they are jealous of your motivation and dedication!
    it also depends on where the weight came off.. and what kind of clothes you are wearing.
  • jupaba
    Options
    I was 20 pounds before I received any comments. A lot of times people don't want to say anything - they don't want to insult by insinuating that you needed to lose in the first place. At 20 pounds lost I am finally noticing a difference in some of my clothes.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I had a couple weeks where I wasn't losing weight on the scale, even though I was going to the gym at least 5 days a week and always below my calories. I was getting super frustrated. Then people started commenting on how good I was looking, and I started to realize my clothes were fitting more loosely, and was even able to fit into an old pair of jeans I hadn't been able to fit into in like 2 years. Guess I was building muscle, so now I don't get as frustrated (at least I try not to) when I'm not losing the pounds I wasnt to on the scale.
  • CoolMoonGoddess
    Options
    After 10 pounds I noticed that I could drop back down one size in my jeans!!
  • CarrieJaneSmith
    CarrieJaneSmith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been here 10 days and already notice. i have jeans I couldn't fit into before that I can wear now with no problem!
  • crazynay96
    Options
    I noticed in my pants, then in my bra... the first NSV that others commented on was my face! I've been doing this for 2 months and it was relatively quick for a change, maybe 2 weeks? But I have 120lbs total to loose so it all depends on your weight, height and total you have to loose... remember everyone is different and looses at a different pace as well! Try not to compare yourself to others!
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    20 pounds for me before someone noticed or commented. But now you have to remember that people who see you daily are not going to notice until you loose a large amount because they do not see the changes that are happening in front of them.

The first place I lost was my face. By the way, I am still wearing the same clothes I was wearing when I started by the jeans are loose and I can breathe in them. I have been able to wear a couple of tops that previously I could not button.

I am 5'4" started at 190 now at 170. I am hoping when I hit 160 that I will see a pant size drop but I am loosing weight all over so I really don't care if I drop the size as long as I drop the weight. Which with MVP it is definitely working. I have never lost weight like this ever and eat my own food and exercise.
  • jenniferlspies
    Options
    Just by looking in the mirror, I still cannot tell that I've lost weight even though I've lost about 35 pounds and gone from a 14/16 to a 8/10! But, when I look at the pictures I took starting in March (three months into my weight loss) and compare it to what I look like now, I can really see a difference. I just wish I had started to take pictures at the beginning!

I think that other people started noticing when I was about 10 or 15 pounds down, because my clothes were getting really baggy on me. But it just depends. My really close friend really notices the little changes that have occurred over the summer (I've lost about 6 pounds since June). Every time I see her, the first thing she says is "you've lost weight again!" But, she's seen me at my heaviest (210 lbs), getting down to 170 from my heaviest and then regaining most of it again, so she's seen how my body changes a lot.
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    I've lost 14 lbs and no one has noticed, but I tried on a pair of jeans this morning that always have to struggle into...well, they went on with out a problem this morning.
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    A lot depends on how much you have to lose. Back in my yo-yo dieting days, I could pretty much count on the fact that people would start to notice at around 15 pounds lost. But unfortunately, a messed up metabolism & two babies later, I am starting about 40 pounds heavier than my former "crash diet now" number. I can already feel a difference in my pants, but I'm not expecting anyone else to notice until at least 20-25 pounds lost.
  • sprky182
    Options
    I've lost 12 pounds and really the only person to notice is my husband, because he's the only one to see me in my underwear! But I do think that after a few more pound other people will begin to notice. Also, I'm still wearing all my large and size 14 clothes, which are getting big, so it might not look like much until I get smaller clothes.
  • Jessabelle12
    Options
    I've lost 29lb and for me I noticed my face and stomach getting smaller - i still don't look at myself in the mirror and think I look crazily different but that's cause I still have a long way to go..

The first few people to notice me having lost weight noticed at 22lb - In that week or two I got a fair few people noticing!

I don't expect people to notice anymore loss for a while now - maybe another stone or two but when people did notice it felt BRILLIANT!

Best of luck - the compliments and changes I notice make it SO worth it!
  • SWgal
    SWgal Posts: 62
    Options
    I had a couple weeks where I wasn't losing weight on the scale, even though I was going to the gym at least 5 days a week and always below my calories. I was getting super frustrated. Then people started commenting on how good I was looking, and I started to realize my clothes were fitting more loosely, and was even able to fit into an old pair of jeans I hadn't been able to fit into in like 2 years. Guess I was building muscle, so now I don't get as frustrated (at least I try not to) when I'm not losing the pounds I wasnt to on the scale.

Same here! Screw the scale!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I could tell in pictures pretty quickly, but for myself I didn't really SEE it until about 20lbs lost, but I had a lot to lose (over 80lbs minimum). I noticed it in my belly and hips right away. Of course now that I'm pretty close to my minimum goal my tummy is the most stubborn spot!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    20 pounds for me before someone noticed or commented. But now you have to remember that people who see you daily are not going to notice until you loose a large amount because they do not see the changes that are happening in front of them.

The first place I lost was my face. By the way, I am still wearing the same clothes I was wearing when I started by the jeans are loose and I can breathe in them. I have been able to wear a couple of tops that previously I could not button.

I am 5'4" started at 190 now at 170. I am hoping when I hit 160 that I will see a pant size drop but I am loosing weight all over so I really don't care if I drop the size as long as I drop the weight. Which with MVP it is definitely working. I have never lost weight like this ever and eat my own food and exercise.

Were the same.. I am 5'4 and I started at 193 Ibs.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've lost 14 lbs and no one has noticed, but I tried on a pair of jeans this morning that always have to struggle into...well, they went on with out a problem this morning.

Congrats!!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I saw it in jeans falling down etc, but it took a lot longer for me to really 'feel it', likely 20 odd lbs. I still have moments / days when I feel like I haven't lost much.. and have the mountain left to climb.

i read on here somewhere it takes around 6 months and as we're in transition I guess mentally we're always 6 months behind our bodies! lol
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    when I made a lifestyle change, I had one or two..."your hair looks different, or is that a new outfit" comments after about 15-20 lbs. But, when everyone started to notice...it was 35lbs. I didn't tell anyone but family that I was making changes....but my magic number is 35.

Don't let that discourage you....I felt way better than I looked! I did need that reaffirmation that I looked good...but feeling good till I got was enough. Now I hear it all the time. When I run into people I haven't seen in awhile, alot of times they don't recognize me. I love it!