What's the point!

Options
I'm going through some serious personal stuff at home right now, and when I think of weight loss it seems so stupid to focus it instead of issues that are in my face and driving me crazy. I find myself saying... what's the point. who cares. I just want to cry and not face the world. I know i'm growing because I'm not running to food right away. I'm taking a moment to reflect on my feelings instead of just shoving oreos in my mouth to feel better. Maybe I'll just go for a walk.

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Go eat the Oreos first, then go for the walk.. try not to sick up along the way, bring water.
  • minimommy1
    minimommy1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you decided to take a walk. Sometimes getting out of the house into the fresh air helps give a new perspective on things.
    If nothing else it gets you away from the food. I understand where you are. I have been there and to some extent am still there.
    Just remember no one else is going to take care of you but you. And yes you are important so you need to take care of you.
    Please feel free to friend me.
  • healthhiro
    healthhiro Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I find walking to be a wonderful de-stress activity. Yes, life sucks, but on your walk take some deep breaths and let it all out. When I'm really angry, I pump my arms too, and after 10-20 min of that, it is amazing how different you feel. I drink a big glass of water when I get back, and then give myself the option of eating whatever it was I thought was going to fix my life, and I sometimes indulge, but never as much as I would have if I hadn't taken the walk.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :heart: Taking a walk before--or after--a Snack is never a Bad Idea. If possible, getting out in the fresh air, even for just a few minutes, will do wonders for your mindset. ry to get outside for a few minutes every day.
    :heart: {{HUGS}}
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are feeling down. I learned that I had to LEARN how to deal with stress (and trust me, I have a lot of stress in my life with a daughter born with a bone issue), without turning to food to help cope. We all hit bumps in our lives, how we tend to deal with it is just as important, ya know? Hang in there. Go for a walk......if you feel like an oreo cookie after it, have one....
  • ladysandy
    Options
    Go eat the Oreos first, then go for the walk.. try not to sick up along the way, bring water.

That is such a non sense answer, if you can't help don't even bother answering.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    It can get pretty hard sometimes, can't it. Just try to remember, you aren't dieting, you are living a healthier lifestyle. Go walk, physical activity always helps me when I get in the "whats the point??" slumps. I'm sorry you are having a rough day :(
  • ladysandy
    Options
    Okay girlfriend I've been having issues at work and plus me not losing weight cause I'm still trying to figure out what my body wants, lots of food, not to much, half, aahhhh grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr eat your exercises or not!!?!!! I could eat off and pig out to make myself feel good and then feel sorry for doing it and starting over again and again, instead I decided I'm going to use that frustration to burn off calories... So keep on eating as healthy as possible, exercise and you'll feel much better. Anyway, you can't do very much about those issues, you gotta let time go by and only time will fix things up!
    So go ahead go for a walk, bring music and try to think about something else, have some possitive thinking,
    and NO, DON'T EAT THOSE OREOS LIKE SOMEONE TOLD YOU!
    You've been probably doing that all your life eating off your emotion... relax and breath!
    Cheers x0x
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    I know the feeling but remember, this is one thing you CAN control.how we handle the stress is up to us. we can't always avoid it but we can change the way we react! feel better!
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Who cares?

We care Honey. We care.

I don't have words of wisdom to offer, but just want you to know that you are NOT alone.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you're giants are right now, but you can defeat them. In the last 5 months I had to have a stent implanted (my second) for a blocked artery to my heart, my daughter was married, and 3 days later my beloved mother passed away unexpectedly. Lots of challenges, but with the help of my friends on MFP I was able to stay on track. I didn't try to lose any weight for a while and just focused on not gaining any.

It's true, sometimes things happen that we have no control over. One of the lessons I've learned here on MFP is that the one thing I do have complete control over is my diet!

So take your walk, it will help clear your head and give you a nice burn. You can do this! Take care!
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm going through some serious personal stuff at home right now, and when I think of weight loss it seems so stupid to focus it instead of issues that are in my face and driving me crazy. I find myself saying... what's the point. who cares.

You care, otherwise you would not be here. If you ask me, fitness and weight loss/gain (whatever your goals are) should ultimately be for the benefit of the person doing it. You said yourself that you are making progress; it would be a shame to pack it all in now. Having said that, it sounds like you're having a really crud time right now. Perhaps an a walk and an Oreo would do you some good. There must be some days when you have felt good and proud of your fitness achievements. Try to remember those :smile:

p.s. an Oreo won't hurt you in moderation. I think it's ok to have *naughty* foods every once in a while.
    p.p.s. you have lost 27 pounds according to your profile. That is fantastic! You are doing so well, don't let a load of heavy crap throw you off what you've been working so hard for.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I find that when the weight of the world is threatening to crush me and I'm having to solve problems for everyone else the best way to de-stress is to stop and say: I'm going to focus on me. The next 30 minutes are mine to do as I will. Whether it's a walk, or a bubble bath or yeah sometimes those Oreos, I feel a lot better because I've taken control. It makes the rest of the day a little easier to handle.